Association of Baptists for World Evangelism (www.abwe.org) -
ABWE is an unaffiliated, independent Baptist missions agency providing like-minded churches with vital services to expedite their Great Commission Ministry.
We serve local churches by providing administrative oversight and training for the missionaries that they recommend to us. This includes member care, financial coordination, team building, professional training and general administration.
Our vision is to carry out world evangelism resulting in national church planting movements that launch mission movements to the glory of God.
Job Summary: ABWE is seeking a motivated, efficient, and detail-oriented Senior Corporate Accountant to oversee the daily cash management, investment, and trust accounting functions of the organization. This position will report to the Chief
Accounting Officer and will be responsible for posting various daily and monthly journals to record cash, transfers, and investment activity and changes in trust assets. Additional responsibilities include various reconciling functions, internal reporting,
and special projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Posts Investment entries to ledger and maintaining trust assets records.
- Organizes cash management function and makes bank deposits, transfers, and grants between related organizations.
- Prepares various trust accounting reports for trust holders and also trustees. This includes filing annual tax documents for all revocable and irrevocable trusts.
- Assists with audit related to cash accounts, trusts, and investments.
- Sets up payables for WGA, Donor Advised Funds and trusts. Handles stock gifts and various investment transfers.
- Books all associated entries related to trust, investments and transfer activity.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field.
- Minimum Prior Experience Required: Five (5) or more years of relevant accounting experience.
- Hands-on experience with computerized accounting systems.
- Prior experience with PeopleSoft / JD Edwards Accounting System, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Prior investments and stock experience.
- Joy-filled faith rooted in Jesus Christ.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- Self-motived and takes initiative.
- Able to work under deadline pressure.
- Demonstrates consistent follow-through.
- Able to work alone or in a team environment.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency and is a skilled user of Microsoft Office Suite and accounting systems.
Christian Life: As an employee of ABWE you are an important member of a Christian organization. All staff members are Christian missionaries viewed as ministry staff and are required to participate in chapel services. Because of the nature
of our ministry it is absolutely necessary that you possess and maintain a lifestyle that is above reproach. All ABWE employees must:
- Be a current and active member and/or regular attendee of a local, Bible-believing church.
- Be able to fully support ABWE’s core values and ministry philosophy.
- Be a participant in morning staff prayer time.
Application Instructions: In order to be considered for this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a one-page faith story (testimony) including the name of your local church to: