At Ingham Okoboji, our mission it to know Jesus Christ and to make Christ known to all!
Job Title: Property Enhancement Specialist
Department: Facilities and Maintenance
Revision Date: April 4, 2013
Position Mission: to utilize construction skills combined with Christian faith to provide a comfortable, properly maintained and aesthetically pleasing setting at camp, all for the purpose of allowing campers
and guests to experience the presence and power of Jesus Christ.
The Property Enhancement Specialist is employed to assist and carry out proper maintenance and care of the entire Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp facility. Construction skills are especially important. The primary role of this position will be building maintenance
and small construction. The role will also include helping in other areas of maintenance. The objective of the entire maintenance team is to take meticulous care of buildings, equipment, vehicles, and the outdoor environments. This includes scheduled maintenance
and regular maintenance. Safety is always the first priority, with function, comfort and aesthetic appeal following close behind. The work of the Property Enhancement Specialist will primarily be at our Lake Okoboji camp, but they may at times be temporarily
assigned to work at our Ingham Lake camp.
Expectations of all camp employees:
- Expressed faith in Jesus Christ as savior and Lord
- Support for the mission of Ingham Okoboji
- Lifestyle in public and private which demonstrates Christian values
- Attitude of welcome and hospitality to all
- Professional approach in providing camp ministry and service
- Cooperative approach to working with all other staff
- Attitude of service to others – in Jesus Name
- Attend a Christian worship service regularly
- Attitude of Industry: the ability and drive to apply oneself fully to the work at hand, and get the work done
- Promptness for scheduled work hours, camp events and meetings
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated construction abilities to include as many as possible of the following:
- carpentry knowledge and skills
- plumbing knowledge and skills
- electrical knowledge and skills
- Possess the maintenance skills necessary to contribute significantly to maintaining a clean and safe camp
- A self starter and the ability to work independently without constant or direct supervision
- Possess a welcoming personality to campers, staff, retreat guests and the community.
- Hold a current drivers license with a satisfactory driving record
- Have the physical ability to participate fully in all areas of camp maintenance activities. This will require the ability to occasionally lift up to 80 pounds.
- Boat driving skill and experience would be a plus
- background checks must be passed
- Christian Community
- Act as a key person in the structural maintenance of the camp facilities. This will be primarily in carpentry, plumbing and electrical maintenance.
- Maintain the camp grounds.
- Provide needed maintenance to camp recreation equipment and facilities, including aquatic equipment
- Cleaning: As needed, lead and/or participate in keeping the camp clean, sanitary and in good repair
- Assist in maintaining camp vehicles and equipment as directe
- Work cooperatively with other staff and volunteers assigned to the maintenance department.
Expectation of work week:
- A 40-48 hours per week. This may include weekend and on-call work. The schedule will be determined in consultation with the Maintenance Director and/or Executive Director.
- Supervised directly by and accountable to the Maintenance Director/Facility Manager
- Generally responsible to the Executive Director – especially during absence of the Facility Manager
- Responsible to affirm the constitution and policies of Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camp
- Follow guidelines and policies established by the Board of Directors and leadership staff at camp
- Hourly compensation as arranged
- Other benefits for full-time year around positions include access to company medical insurance, paid vacation and holidays according to the staff policy handbook
- It is required that the individual in this position live within 10 minutes of camp in order to comply with on-call responsibilities when assigned. Housing may be provided if arranged as part of compensation
- Meals are available at camp at any time they are being served to campers
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This position should begin by mid-May if possible.
For a complete job description and application, or for initial discussion, contact Executive Director, Rod Quanbeck, at firstname.lastname@example.org with Property Enhancement Specialist in your subject line.
Ingham Okoboji Lutheran Bible Camps
1203 Inwan Street
Milford, IA 51351