This position will serve on the Samaritan’s Purse/Operation Christmas Child – USA International Team based in Boone, North Carolina or possibly in the field working chiefly with National Leadership Teams of volunteers in nine (9) countries in East Asia under
the direction of the Assistant Director, International. The Regional Director will lead a team of management staff and International Field Representatives in the area of relationship building, recruitment, selection, training, equipping, and leading of volunteer
National and Regional Leadership Teams. Attention will be given to effective planning and implementation of all OCC-related processes and aspects within the East Asia region, with special emphasis on logistics, team development and The Greatest Journey Discipleship
1) providing direct management and direction to one Regional Manager and several field based International Field Representatives;
2) developing and working with national and regional leadership teams by training and consulting with them as they facilitate the distribution of shoebox gifts and discipleship program in their respective countries;
3) monitoring the importation and distribution of shoebox gifts into the various destination countries;
4) collecting and reporting data and stories to allow effective program monitoring, evaluation and promotion:
4) managing assigned special projects.
Prerequisites: Bachelor’s degree; 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience living and working in South Asia. Familiarity with a regional language preferred. International travel of 85-100
days per year required. Twelve credit-hours of college level biblical studies preferred.
Mission Statement: Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who
are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Distinct Objectives: The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
TO APPLY: Complete the employment application through the Samaritan's Purse website.