Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance.
* Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
* Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
* Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
* Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
* Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
* Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
* Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
* Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
* Works with end users to maximize use of PC technology by educating users in equipment and software capabilities and applications; ensuring compatible hardware and integrated systems; expediting installations; resolving conflicts.
People Skills, Communication Skills, Documentation, Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal
Ability to relate well with others; Experience with Router Configuration, VLAN Configuration, Sonic Wall Configuration, Web Design, PHP, HTML, Linux.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Rural Solutions, Inc.
Rural Solutions, Inc. is a computer consulting firm located in mid-western Minnesota. In the small town environment, many companies are not large enough to have their own IT coordinator. RSI provides IT services in government agencies, schools, businesses and homes. From Networking and troubleshooting to web design and other hosted solutions, to computer sales and service, RSI does it all. We are a small, family oriented business and are looking to add to our team someone who can appreciate the friendliness and safety that a small town has t More...