Director of Web Development
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director of Web Development shall be responsible for playing a key role in designing all aspects of Salem Radio Network’s web presence and visual identity including user interfaces, new web site initiatives, social media campaigns, email marketing campaigns, SEO projects, as well as functionality enhancements to our existing sites.
- Responsible for the functional development – from conception to completion – and the ongoing maintenance of Salem Radio Network’s web properties.
- Translate design from static design to finished product.
- Maintain and deploy web content.
- Design web interfaces from scratch.
- Design and management of HTML email templates & designs.
- Design web banners & landing pages.
- Blog/Facebook/YouTube/Twitter management.
- Create content for SEO initiatives.
- High level problem solving skills.
- Web Analytics creation and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three (3)+ years of web design & HTML email experience.
- A superb design sense and the ability to create functional web sites from conception to completion.
- Solid knowledge of web standards and xhtml/css.
- Work deeply with web design in WordPress.
- Keen eye to preserve integrity of the design throughout the entire development process.
- Self-motivator/flexible/team player.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment with multiple projects.
- Ability to code html/css by hand including the ability to integrate code into aspx.
- Experience with Abode creative suite.
- Experience with Dreamweaver or similar web editing tools.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to adjust designs to fit client’s needs or taste. Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas is an important skill.
- Have strong problem solving skills and love a good challenge.
- Must be able to work on tight deadlines and articulate concepts & design decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and interacts with team members, programmers, developers and sales. Strong communication skills are needed to deal with coworkers and clients across the country.
Dallas, Texas (Office in Irving)
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
If you possess these qualifications, please submit resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and portfolio. Please respond only if you are looking for an on-site, full-time job and currently live in or near the Dallas area.
Respond to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Salem Media Group
Salem Media Group is America’s leading radio broadcaster, Internet content provider, and magazine and book publisher targeting audiences interested in Christian and family-themed content and conservative values. In addition to its radio properties, Salem owns Salem Radio Network, which syndicates talk, news and music programming to approximately 2,000 affiliates; Salem Radio Representatives, a national radio advertising sales force; Salem Web Network, a leading Internet provider of Christian content and online streaming; and Salem Publ More...