This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sales and Marketing Assistant - KFAX
Salem Media Group
Fremont, California, United States
Date Posted: 02/18/2009
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Sales/Marketing Assistant
Reports to: General Sales Manager
Posting: October 2008
Compensation: Commensurate to Experience
Hours: Full Time
The Sales and Promotions Assistant will provide clerical and administrative support to the General Sales Manager and Sales Representatives. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Faxing or emailing insertion orders as prepared by the sales staff as well as credit applications and terms and condition sheets on behalf of reps as needed.
• Preparing production order paperwork based on sales rep directives. This may involve calling clients to verify whether current copy is to be extended or replaced. Preparing extension paperwork, or communicating need for new orders to reps. Keeping a log of dates and times orders turned in to production and received back from production. Maintaining a library of Mp3 files of client commercials.
• Preparing proposals based on sales rep directives.
• Preparing media kit materials as needed for general sales presentations and custom packages as needed using Powerpoint.
• Preparing follow up letters for sales reps after confidential survey meetings, proposals, or closes and renewals as needed.
• Maintaining a calendar of important KFAX or KDOW events such as the Speaker’s Series or Financial Seminars. Sending premium items as needed. Assisting reps with securing promotional materials such as logos, photos, and copy for promotions department as needed, maintaining library of these items.
• Faxing and receiving credit card authorizations as needed.
• Maintaining programming grids for both stations as contracts are signed using Excel at the direction of the GSM.
• Assisting with promotional efforts such as speaker series events, on air promotions and other station functions. This may include venue setup, and on site involvement from time to time, as well as selling tickets, securing reservations, or accepting and cataloging entries to on air contests as needed.
• Other administrative and clerical duties not specified may be required, at the discretion of the GSM.