Unity State, South Sudan - Our South Sudan office is growing!
The Diesel Mechanic is responsible to maintain and repair various vehicles, heavy equipment and generators for Samaritan’s Purse (SP) South Sudan. Areas of responsibility will include repair, maintenance, mentoring locally hired mechanics and operations.
• Maintain and repair vehicles such as: Diesel 15-20 Ton Trucks and Landcruisers and other gasoline light vehicles.
• Maintain and repair medium/large generators: 60-200kW (diesel).
• Support procurement of spare parts and supplies needed for maintenance and repair.
• Support maintenance management and inventory control through daily data entry.
• Maintain safety protocols and upkeep of safety logs.
• Assist in training national staff in repair and maintenance of vehicles and generators.
• Assist in training national staff in maintenance best practices and safety protocols.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Minimum of 3 years proven experience in maintenance and repair of diesel trucks.
• Preferred 5-10 years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience repairing and maintaining vehicles, equipment and generators in austere conditions.
• Experience in maintenance management and/or parts inventory.
• Flexibility and adaptability.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
Proclaim the Gospel- Exalt Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
Serve with Excellence- Exceed the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
Respond with Compassionate Action - Expedite our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
Demonstrate Biblical Integrity - Exhibit character and integrity personally, at home and work
Walk in Bold Faith - Expect God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Development OfficerForgotten Children Worldwide
- Bluffton, Indiana
- September 21
Administrative AssistantShepherd's Staff Mission Facilitators, Inc.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- September 13
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...