Juba, South Sudan -
The Senior Operations Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all country office resources and support personnel for optimal operating capacity. Additionally, the Senior Operations Manager will provide strategic oversight and leadership to the country office in the areas of: Logistics, Procurement, Inventory, Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, and Administration.
• Ensure a smooth functioning, well-managed and results-oriented Country Office that interfaces with the field offices.
• Serve as a member of the Senior Management Team, and provide support to the Country Office in ensuring information flows, advice and support on operations issues related to the Office.
• Act as the main focal point for country wide HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Logistics support for South Sudan program, establishing strong links between each department.
• Support continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field sites and the country.
• Maintain and compile a contact management system, ensuring staff are transferring contacts during transitions.
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission such as report management and information flow.
• Oversee and supervise the Country Technical Advisors, Office Manager, HR Manager, Finance Manager, Fleet Manager, Juba Base Manager, Juba Logistics and Guesthouse Staff.
• Supervise the implementation of national and international logistics, and supply chain systems.
• Maintain oversight for the timely provision of goods and services for all projects.
• Oversee and manage all travel schedules and flight schedules, continually evaluating the cost effectiveness and alternative solutions.
• Analyze and develop a transitional plan to centralize all South Sudan logistics and supply chain functions through Juba.
• Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources: develop and improve a country wide procurement system; directly manage the Operations Managers in Nairobi and Juba; enforce and uphold donor and SP regulations for procurement; conduct price audits to keep procurement staff accountable.
• Manage the country wide inventory systems: create and establish a unified inventory system; ensure inventory storage tracking and distribution is occurring efficiently with accountability at all field sites; implement an effective asset management system; work with all field sites to establish and keep track of all South Sudan SP assets and liabilities; produce timely inventory reports to SP IHQ.
• Oversee the country office Human Resources systems and the HR manager and payroll management systems.
• Supervise the South Sudan country office Finance systems and the Finance Manager: ensure safe and accurate finance procedures are in place according to SP and donor standards; monitor and manage financial risk for the country office; approve funding and payment requests; monitor and regulate all country office base budgets for field locations. • Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (IT and Logistics) by establishing functioning link between support and field project functions.
• Network and promote relationships for accessing and sharing knowledge within the region on operations matters.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Advanced degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Communications or related field.
• One year of college level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
• 5 years of proven relevant progressively responsible work experience in administration, operational management, finance, information technology and/or office- base management. Preferably with an INGO.
• Field experience and knowledge of the Region is a strong asset.
• Thorough knowledge of office administration, organizational management, logistics and supply chain management.
• Experience in establishing systems and policies for asset management, real time inventory and procurement for multimillion dollar projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Strong analytical and leadership skills.
• Strong writing and oral communication skills.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
Proclaim the Gospel- Exalt Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
Serve with Excellence- Exceed the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
Respond with Compassionate Action - Expedite our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
Demonstrate Biblical Integrity - Exhibit character and integrity personally, at home and work
Walk in Bold Faith - Expect God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas Western Chef & Dinning Facility EducatorAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 6
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Digital MarketerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- October 4
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...