South Sudan - The Program Manager, Safety and Security will provide leadership to all security related issues for Samaritan’s Purse (SP) offices in South Sudan and related programming within the region. The Program Manager must ensure that
all policies and procedures are adhered to for the safety of staff. Staff safety must be placed at the highest priority in conjunction with finding creative ways to accomplish program goals amidst challenging security situations.
• Act as security focal point for SP South Sudan.
• Understand and implement Samaritan’s Purse’s internal safety and security guidelines as well as donor regulations in relation to security.
• Develop, manage, and maintain SP security systems.
• Conduct security audits at each field location.
• Conduct continuous threat and vulnerability assessments as well as program specific security assessments.
• Assist Area Coordinators with cost effective, feasible solutions of compliance for security protocols.
• Coordinate with area program managers in ensuring security protocols are adhered to in regular programming.
• Develop and continually update contingency and evacuation plans for all areas of operation.
• Conduct trainings and schedule drills that include: driver safety, fire prevention, travel, communications, emergency response, security and other related topics.
• Ensure all vehicles have first aid and trauma kits and required equipment in coordination with the Fleet Manager.
• Develop working communications systems and enforce regular usage and upkeep.
• Provide daily security updates to leadership as well as weekly and monthly summaries.
• Collect and compile security information to provide a trend analysis quarterly.
• Develop and maintain relationships and communication networks with key security contacts including: UN and International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGO) forums, Government Ministries and Bodies, Military, Church leaders, Local vendors, Beneficiaries,
• Take part in platforms of inter agency coordination bodies on relevant security issues.
• Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the Country Director informed of potential events, including crisis response options.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, Master's degree preferred.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working in Security or Safety, preferably with an INGO, Law Enforcement Agency or Fire Department.
• Previous working experience in Sudan and other African countries is strongly preferred.
• Basic knowledge of HF radio communications, SAT Phones, Codan and Cell phone burst messaging.
• Experienced in cross-cultural team leadership; demonstrated ability and desire to train and build capacity of national staff.
• Ability to coordinate activities with local organizations and establish working relationships with other NGOs. • Must be able to operate for extended periods in very austere conditions.
• Arabic language skills are desirable.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
Proclaim the Gospel- Exalt Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
Serve with Excellence- Exceed the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
Respond with Compassionate Action -
Expedite our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
Demonstrate Biblical Integrity -
Exhibit character and integrity personally, at home and work
Walk in Bold Faith - Expect God to do the impossible-- “God Room”