Akuem, South Sudan -
The Program Manager, Area Operations is responsible for coordinating program resources to achieve optimal operating capacity and ensure the timely implementation of program outputs. The manager and his/her department will focus on procurement, inventory,
transport, base management, and IT. In addition, the Program Manager, Area Operations will work to assist the Area Coordinator with security and program tasks as needed.
• Coordinate inter-program logistics: prioritize activities according to needs; allocate vehicle resources; allocate program materials and supplies.
• Assist program managers with program implementation plans: assist program managers in creating detailed project schedules based on operational constraints; work with managers to find creative ways to achieve program goals given logistical constraints;
anticipate and manage risks to project success.
• Facilitate local and non-local procurement: assist in developing, updating, and maintaining program procurement plans; ensure local procurement is organized and managed; coordinate and mange non-local procurement by receiving and dispatching PRs; liaise
with Samaritan’s Purse (SP) procurement departments outside of Akuem.
• Oversee inventory, store, and asset management including storage, distribution, tracking, and reporting.
• Oversee and coordinate transport: ensure daily vehicle allocation is carried out, and air travel is arranged when necessary.
• Oversee Base Management: ensure all bases and subbases in area are adequately equipped and functioning; ensure water and food are available as per employee contract specifications; ensure non-local staff have proper housing available; ensure all staff
have adequate space to work, ensure cooks, cleaners, guards, and casuals are managed, oversee management of base budgets and expenditures.
• Oversee IT and communications: coordinate IT/communications installations, maintenance and improvements; ensure that internet is functional at bases (VSAT, Began, Zain Modems, etc.); ensure that list of satellite phone allocations is maintained; ensure
that radio equipment is used.
• Assist with security management; draft and update security plans at bases; act as focal point for security incidents involving SP staff; assist with security incident reporting; advise on security precautions that should be taken.
• Maintain and update standard operating procedures, ensuring that they align with SP country procedures.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
• Bachelor’s degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
• Previous experience working overseas, particularly in Africa or Sudan.
• Field level management experience.
• Experience in cross-cultural team leadership.
• Previous experience working in logistics or operations.
• Strong organizational and communication skills, detail oriented.
• Must be a humble team player.
• Ability to be flexible and adaptable with an understanding of local culture.
• Willingness to travel in and out of the field and willingness to stay in the field for extended periods.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied post.
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural
disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
Proclaim the Gospel- Exalt Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
Serve with Excellence- Exceed the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
Respond with Compassionate Action -
Expedite our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
Demonstrate Biblical Integrity -
Exhibit character and integrity personally, at home and work
Walk in Bold Faith - Expect God to do the impossible-- “God Room”