Church Extension Plan has an opening for a Vice President of Ministry Advancement. This role is responsible for the planning, organization, and coordination of CEP’s efforts that are necessary to raise gift income. This includes current capital and deferred
gifts. Qualified individuals will possess high organization, communication, and critical thinking skills. In addition, they will be inspirational with staff and volunteer leaders and persuasive in presenting fundraising opportunities. Qualified applicants
will have 3 to 5 years of major gift fundraising experience.
- Work with CEP’s Senior Team and fundraising consultants in drafting an aggressive plan with objectives, goals, methods and a reasonable timeline to meet the formal objectives of CEP’s fundraising plan.
- Organize efforts to address the areas of capital, and deferred gifts needed from the following sources: individuals, churches, businesses, foundations, and corporations.
- Develop and maintain reports on progress toward goals.
- Maintain, with support from appropriate teams, an effective record and acknowledgement system.
- Contribute to CEP’s needs in the area of proposals, key donor correspondence, promotional materials, and other marketing ideas necessary to sustain the fund raising efforts for the needs of the ministry.
- Work with staff, committees, and consultants as needed to accomplish specialized tasks such as banquets, briefings, capital drives, brochure development, additional training, and marketing strategy.
Other Position Criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to create momentum, causing things to happen; is proactive rather than reactive.
- An interest in non-profit Christian organizations with some history of giving and working for these organizations; should derive satisfaction from raising money.
- The ability to work closely with other staff and volunteers.
- The ability to translate objectives and goals into a workable plan, utilizing staff, board and volunteers appropriately while retaining control.
- The ability to coordinate promotional activities with fund raising efforts.
- The ability to make strong personal presentations.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent is required. Ministerial credentials or work experience is preferred. A minimum of two years’ experience working in ministry fund raising or advancement is required. Extensive travel should be
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org