Overview: The purpose of this position is to provide both spiritual and organizational leadership, vision and teaching to the multiple worship communities, staff, Community Leadership Teams (CLTs) and Council of Harderwyk Ministries with a desire to advance God’s work through Harderwyk above any single worship community or ministry identity.
- Lead the Staff: The staff will report to the Executive Pastor, either directly or indirectly.
- Supervise all ordained staff and the church administrator.
- Participate in weekly meetings with the whole church leadership team.
- Collaborate with the Neighbors Plus Director and Board.
- Develop staff, individually and collectively, using both in-house and outside resources.
- Conduct performance evaluations of direct reporting staff and ensure that evaluations of all staff are performed per policy.
- Discuss and recommend changes in organizational structure and staff duties in line with changes in organization priorities and needs.
- Create and maintain systems to help staff synergistically function effectively and
- Council Responsibility:
- Be responsible to follow-up on any council business and/or decisions following each Council meeting unless responsibility to do so is assigned to someone else.
- Work with the church administrator and treasurer to keep the Council informed, produce
reports and generate data as requested.
- Strategic Planning: Collaborate with staff members, Council and key lay leaders in establishing strategic direction/priorities.
- Lead in strategic planning efforts and visioning for the future of Harderwyk Ministries.
- Identify key implications of proposed strategic initiatives.
- Work with staff/lay leaders to effectively implement strategic priorities.
- Financial Management:
- Working with the church administrator, oversee all financial matters to provide the resources needed for ministry.
- Oversee creation of budgets.
- Monitor finances, review reports and trends on spending and receipts.
- Recommend solutions for unexpected events – short-fall in receipts, special needs, etc.
- Church Governance:
- Working with the personnel committee, ensure compliance with applicable laws and internal policies, recommending changes as needed.
- Working with the church administrator and church accountant, oversee finance and
accounting, including delegation of authority for expenses, levels of insurance coverage, compliance with bank and loan covenants, etc.
- Be sensitive to CRCNA Church Order, and seek Council approval for any variance from it.
- Ensure adherence to Harderwyk policies and procedures.
- Special Projects and Other Duties: Have a flexible, “can do” spirit to tackle duties that are not part of a formal job description.
- Preaching Schedule: Preach at least once per month, rotating among the various worshipping communities.
- Be a regular presence and participate in the worship services of all worshiping communities.
- Be a primary staff contact.
Accountability and Reporting: Executive Pastor is directly accountable to the Council.
- Ordained minister with least a Master of Divinity degree and experience leading a staff-led, complex ministry.
- Strong business acumen, financial evaluation skills and competency.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
4. Credentials compatible with CRCNA denominational requirements.
Professional and Interpersonal Skills:
- Ability to think critically and systematically to identify roadblocks in achieving the vision of the church and specific strategic plans.
- Ability to coach and mentor others.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Ability to take direction and feedback.
- Ability to tactfully interact with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to collaborate and is team focused.
- Displays a servant leader attitude.
- Inspires trust.
- Ability to hold sensitive matters in strictest confidence.
- Be a person of daily Bible study and fervent prayer.
- Be committed to personal and family purity.
- Be a person of character and integrity.
- Display a deep love of God and people.
- Display spiritual humility.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Seasonal Positions for DFW OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD PROCESSING CENTERTrinity Employment Solutions
- Irving/Coppell/DFW Airport, Texas
- October 28
PastorFirst Baptist Church of Ken-Gar
- Kensington, Maryland
- October 28
Divisional Field Director Southern RegionStonecroft Ministries
- Overland Park, Kansas
- October 27
House Parents (Husband & Wife Teams)New River Ranch Inc
- Fayetteville, West Virginia
- October 27
Student / Youth PastorChrist The Rock Community Church
- Cooper City, Florida
- October 27