Harderwyk Ministries currently has 2 Teaching Pastor positions open. One at Celebration, a classic worship service that meets on Sundays at 9:30am. The other is at Watershed, a contemporary and informal worship service that meets at 9:30am and 11:00am.
The purpose of these positions is to provide spiritual leadership and teaching in the worshipping community to which she/he is assigned, with a desire to advance God’s work through Harderwyk Ministries above any single worship community or ministry identity.
1) A Master of Divinity degree.
2) Ordained Minister of the Word in the CRCNA or willing to seek ordination in the CRCNA.
3) Primary gifts in preaching, pastoral care and leadership.
4) Administrative and organizational skills.
5) A Reformed hermeneutic with an evangelistic focus.
6) Relational approach to ministry and an ability to relate to a wide variety of age groups.
7) Servant’s heart: a humble and teachable spirit.
8) Ability to work with Executive Pastor and Staff Leadership Team (Team Ministry experience preferred).
9) Passion for development and implementation (self starter).
10) A demonstrated maturity in faith and profession (experience in preaching and pastoral role preferred).
11) Appreciation for, and willingness to lead, multiple kinds of worship expressions.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
1) Nurture, grow, and share the faith and prayer life God has given.
2) If married, the person holding this position will be expected to maintain and grow marriage and family in a Godly manner.
3) Primary Preacher and Shepherding Pastor for one of Harderwyk’s Worshipping Communities.
- Care for and lead the people of the worshipping community to which he/she is assigned, including hospital visits, visiting shut-ins, counseling members, etc.
- Preach, shepherd and lead in conjunction with, and complementary to, Harderwyk’s larger, developing vision.
- Plan and coordinate with the worshipping community’s staff and/or Community Leadership Team (CLT) to provide weekly worship services.
- Chair the Community Leadership Team.
- Serve as a member of the Staff Leadership, Pastoral and Preaching Teams.
- Act as liaison between the worshipping community to which she/he is assigned and the greater Harderwyk community.
- Participate in and promote the regular and ongoing ministries of Harderwyk.
5) In conjunction with other pastors and staff, coordinate ministry involvement for new, interested individuals and/or families.
6) With Council and other pastors, shape, nurture and communicate the unique, unfolding vision of Jesus’ ministry at Harderwyk and its impact on our neighborhood and world.
7) Participate in and/or lead new ministries as per agreement between person holding this position and Executive Pastor of Harderwyk.
8) Have a flexible, “can do” spirit to tackle duties that are not part of this formal job description.
Accountability and Structure:
1) The person in this position will be immediately accountable to the Executive Pastor of Harderwyk and
ultimately to Harderwyk’s Council.
2) The person in this position will attend council meetings regularly and will be a liaison to and for the Community Leadership Team of the worshipping community to which she/he is assigned.
3) The person in this position will supervise any staff assigned to the worshipping community for which he/she is responsible.
4) An elder will be paired with this pastor for personal and professional care, prayer and support.
General Work Schedule and Number of Hours:
1) A norm of around 45 hours a week is expected (some weeks more, some less)
2) No more than two evenings per week regularly and three evenings per week irregularly will be required.
3) One scheduled day off per week regularly not including Saturday (Saturday is assumed).
4) Vacation/personal time off as described in the Harderwyk Personnel Manual.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Seasonal Processing Center Associate - Operation Christmas ChildSamaritan's Purse
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- October 12