Director of Social Media for Salem Communications Portland
KPDQ 93.9 FM • KPDQ True Talk 800 AM - Your Home for Faith and Family Christian Teaching and Talk at www.kpdq.com & www.truetalk800.com
KFIS-FM 104.1 The Fish – Safe for the Whole Family Contemporary Christian Music at Thefishportland.com
KRYP 93.1 FM – El Rey La Autoridad de Musica Mexicana Regional Mexican Music at
- The job of the Director of Social Media is to live in the social media world as the ambassador for Salem Communications Portland and its clients.
- Create and post engaging sharable content across all platforms to promote the organizations.
- Engage in conversations with followers and respond to all inquiries on social sites.
- Create ways for users to connect to the station or the business to build a sense of community.
- Host training seminars for staff, clients and area business on social media topics.
- Daily management of all social media platforms for Salem Communications Portland and its clients.
- For each station: 3-4 posts on Facebook and twitter (not necessarily the same content), updates to sub-pages, 15-20 pins a week.
- For clients: depending on the business and the contract anywhere from 1-4 posts a day across all platforms.
- Weekly reports to clients to show progress.
- Train the sales team on social media and assist them with selling the service to their clients.
- Work with station staff to promote events and promotions and attend events to post live.
- Film and edit videos as needed to promote station events and showcase clients.
- Weekly research on the latest trends in social media.
- Bachelors degree in communication, Public Relations, advertising or related field and 3-5 years’ experience in a related field of work.
- Experience in all major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube and professional blog sites.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator as well as basic video editing capabilities preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task are a must.
Interested…send your resume and a cover letter describing why you are the best person for the position and examples of Facebook pages you have worked with for other companies to Human Resources at 6400 SE Lake Road, Suite 350, Portland, Oregon 97222 or fax
to 503-786-1551 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Salem Communications Radio Stations are equal opportunity employers.