Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
When spiritual enrichment mixes with the elements of camp, you get a holistic retreat from daily routine - one that infuses experiences in nature with glimpses of the God who created it. At Forest Home, lives are changed every day through the power of
the Good News.
What We are Looking For
Forest Home is looking for young adults to work as Residential Maintenance Techs who have an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, love working with their hands, and are teachable. A successful candidate will have some general experience with
landscaping, and making maintenance & preventative repairs. This is a residential position that lives on grounds year-round. Compensation is $8.00 per hour minus meals and lodging.
- Provides maintenance of lawns, landscaping, firewood, trees, and responsibilities of detailed appearance of grounds.
- Provides some leadership for volunteers and summer staff.
- Assists in carrying out the conception and implementation of preventative maintenance systems.
- Assists in snow removal, parking, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists Maintenance staff in weekend and night duty as assigned.
- Performs general maintenance functions as they relate to the larger facility even after hours if needed.
- Operates vehicles, tractors, equipment and tools in a safe manner as requested.
- Complies with factory specifications in relationship to equipment and material, and assures that all materials are handled according to factory recommendations and training.
- Maintains proper and professional appearance according to Forest Home guidelines.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Technical ability and capability.
- A self-starter.
- Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing good communication, project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
Instructions to Apply