What We are Looking For
Forest Home is looking for young adults to work as Residential Maintenance Techs who have an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, love working with their hands, and are teachable. A successful candidate will have some general experience with landscaping, and making maintenance & preventative repairs. This is a residential position that lives on grounds year-round. Compensation is $8.00 per hour minus meals and lodging.
- Provides maintenance of lawns, landscaping, firewood, trees, and responsibilities of detailed appearance of grounds.
- Provides some leadership for volunteers and summer staff.
- Assists in carrying out the conception and implementation of preventative maintenance systems.
- Assists in snow removal, parking, and other tasks as assigned.
- Assists Maintenance staff in weekend and night duty as assigned.
- Performs general maintenance functions as they relate to the larger facility even after hours if needed.
- Operates vehicles, tractors, equipment and tools in a safe manner as requested.
- Complies with factory specifications in relationship to equipment and material, and assures that all materials are handled according to factory recommendations and training.
- Maintains proper and professional appearance according to Forest Home guidelines.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Technical ability and capability.
- A self-starter.
- Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing good communication, project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
West Michigan Day Camp Regional DirectorSpringHill Camps
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- September 27
StoryBrook/Special Needs Camp DirectorSpringHill Camps
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- September 23
Facility ManagerVancouver church
- Vancouver, Washington
- September 19
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Property Maintenance Position for Husband/Wife TeamAdvance Co. Property Management
- Spokane Valley, Washington
- September 7
Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.