Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
When spiritual enrichment mixes with the elements of camp, you get a holistic retreat from daily routine - one that infuses experiences in nature with glimpses of the God who created it. At Forest Home, lives are changed every day through the power of the
Forest Home Communications Department
The Communications Department supports all areas of Forest Home with various strategic print and online materials. We are a collaborative team that works together with grace, servant’s hearts, and innovation. Our department has an ongoing workload, as we
are always moving forward with communication plans for the numerous events and programs throughout the year.
What are we Looking For
Our Communications department is looking for a Residential Public Relations Specialist who has an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for seeing their creative work impact people's lives for the glory of Jesus Christ. A successful
candidate in this role will have a degree in Journalism & Integrated Media, Public Relations, Communication Studies, or English. This position is a year-round residential role that lives on grounds. Compensation
is $8.00 per hour minus meals and lodging.
- Establish and maintain a Press Relations program for Forest Home. Search for stories about what Jesus is doing at Forest Home, develop the stories (print and video) and achieve all stories.
- Assist in event management.
- Proof and edit marketing communications materials.
- Coordinate Communication projects, as assigned.
- Develop and write articles for Forest Home blog.
- Work with Digital Communications Specialist to post updates on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the Forest Home website, among other places.
- Conduct topical and marketing research, as assigned.
- Support the department assistant, as needed.
- Complete writing assignments, as assigned.
- Compiles Board Reports information, as assigned
- Assists with Campion activities in order to grow a movement of ambassadors telling the Forest Home story to their family, friends, church and beyond.
- Adheres to the ministry’s graphic standards.
- Creates routine business correspondence.
- Supports and participates in spiritual life activities of the Department.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- A four-year college degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including editing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understands Wordpress.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high quality work, accomplish assigned projects and willingness to learn new skills, such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Understands how to compile and organize information.
- Ability to streamline processes.
- Ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Ability to develop new relationships on behalf of the ministry.
- A willingness to be flexible and adjust to changing environments and unanticipated situations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Able to work with ambiguity and lack of concrete instructions.
- Able to communicate well through different mediums (face-to-face, e-mail, over-the-phone, Skype, etc.).
- Driving required on property.
- Able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
Instructions to Apply