First United Methodist Church St. Petersburg
Please submit a Statement of Faith with your resume, which should include a summary of your journey with Jesus Christ and how you live out your faith daily
To establish and implement financial, personnel, and business administration support to the Pastors, Lay Ministry and Ministry Staff of First United Methodist Church St Petersburg, FL (FUMC).
The Business Administrator reports to the Senior Pastor, with five direct reports. Strong communication and supervisory skills required, as you will work closely with the ministry staff, lay volunteers, Church Council and Staff Parish Relations Committee.
As the business administrator you will oversee the business operations to enable the Church’s vision to make and send disciples of Jesus Christ into the world.
Essential Job Functions
- The business administrator has primary responsibility for:
- Human Resource and Development – Extend offers, maintain personnel files & job descriptions, Administer and report Benefits, Facilitate annual performance reviews. Under your leadership, this role includes new employee orientation, training, and recommendations
to develop and enhance performance and skills.
- Steward for the Church Credit cards, Petty Cash, signature for disbursements and Church documents.
- All Aspects of risk management.
- Responsible for all reporting to Florida Conference as required.
- The administrator has functional oversight through direct reports for:
- Financials, Facilities, Kitchen Coordination, Counseling Center, Communications, and the Business Office.
Experience, specialized knowledge, educational requirements, and other qualifications
- A Christian with respect for the Methodist expression of faith.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field
- Strong communications skills (both oral and written) at the individual and group level.
- Microsoft Office (Power Point, Outlook, Word, and Excel) experience required.
- Knowledge of accounting, budget, and presentations required.
- Ability to work in a team environment with diverse points of view.
- Outgoing individual who portrays enthusiasm while learning and working with others.
- Maintain confidentiality in all Church affairs and promote a positive atmosphere of faith-based teamwork.
- Shares a common commitment to the Mission of the Church
- Is loyal to the best interest of this Church and to the people it serves;