To provide administrative leadership, support and co-ordination that will undergird the healthy and effective development of ministry within and around NSW and ACT Baptist Churches for the key transitional life phases of children, youth, young adulthood
Nature and Scope:
Administrative support for the Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries and the Co-ordinator of Children and Families Ministries, general administration of BYM initiatives, general administration of Children and Families Ministries Initiatives
Specific Responsibilities for BYM
- Ministry and training event coordination
- BYM Accounts
- Mail outs and email communication with churches
- Website management
- Personal Assistant duties for the Director of BYM
Specific Responsibilities for Children and Families Ministries
- Oversee SRE authorisations
- Arrange SRE training days
- Website management
- Mailouts, including regular e-news bulletins
- Children and Families Ministries accounts
- GodSpace records
- Update database details
Director of Youth and Young Adults
Children and Families Ministries Co-ordinator
Personal Assistant to Director of Ministries
BYM, YA. And CFM taskforces
Baptist Ministry Centre staff
First Instance: Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
Second Instance: Co-ordinator of Children and Families Ministries
The successful application must be a committed Christian who has a sense of calling to serve God through the use of their administrative gifting and has a passion for ministry for children, youth, young adults and families.
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant (or similar)
- Skilled in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook)
- Skilled in content management systems (website and email)
- An understanding of youth and young adult ministry
- Has initiative
- Adaptable and flexible
- Thrives in organization and planning
- Has an orientation toward detail and quality.
Appointment and Conditions:
- Salary – Will be in line with the National Agreement Preserving Clerical and Administrative Employees (NSW) State Award, grade to be determined
- Superannuation – In accordance with the superannuation Guarantee charge currently 9 % of gross salary will be contributed by Baptist Union of NSW.
- Four weeks Annual Leave. In general, the leave will be taken each year but it may accumulate, with prior agreement and preferably for not more than two years.
- Occasionally the role may require attendance on a Saturday or evenings. Other time may be taken off in lieu.
- Long service and sick leave as per the award.
- The job will be for an initial 3 month probationary period. An annual review will be conducted subsequently.
- The position will be based in offices at 3 Carlingford Road, Epping.
Applications close Friday March 15