Come join the largest charitable organization in the nation! The Salvation Army has an outstanding career opportunity based in Jackson MS for a Divisional Development Director to expand their skills and grow with one of the oldest and most successful development
programs in the United States.
This position will lead a team of professionals to raise visibility, volunteers and funds to enable the Mission of The Salvation Army. We are seeking a candidate who will aggressively lead our develop team through strategic planning, team building, training
and mentoring. You must have successful experience in: building a team; meeting fund raising goals; by nurturing current and prospective donors; as well as producing appropriate communication pieces for print and broadcast media, social media, targeted for
donors, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers. There is required day and overnight travel up to 60% of the time, primarily within the assigned region of Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
The successful candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or three years successful experience in fund-raising or a combination of related experience
- Successful experience leading a team of development professionals to achieve multiple million dollar goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Personal track record of achieving fund raising goals
- Experience developing relationships with the expressed purpose of causing a prescribed action outcome
- Prior experience with a donor/contact management system
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and be able to uphold the Mission of The Salvation Army. Candidates must also be able to verbalize a strong personal connection to the Mission of our organization.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. For consideration, please complete an application and upload a resume at:
www.salvationarmycareers.org /Southern Territory/Our Careers/Search Salvation Army Careers
Equal Opportunity Employer