Executive Leadership Responsibilities
- Works with the Board of Directors to establish LifeHouse’s Vision.
- Maintains LifeHouse’s vision and culture.
- Directs financial activities. Recommends annual budget for board approval and prudently manages LifeHouse’s resources within those budget guidelines, providing regular financial reports to the Board.
- Ensures rigorous accountability standards for budget and grant tracking.
- Recruits and manages staff, volunteers, and vendors to perform respective duties in support of LifeHouse. Conducts regular staff reviews and serves as a leader and mentor to the entire staff.
- Serves as the spokesperson of LifeHouse to internal and external audiences, including donors and program partners.
- Serves as the primary Board liaison, managing and communicating with the Board. In collaboration with the Board president, oversees board development (e.g., orientation) and expansion and development of the advisory board. Oversees the administrative assistant in managing the logistics of board and advisory board meetings.
- Directly manages any capital projects, reporting regularly to the Board.
- Ensures that the organization’s operation complies with all state standards. LifeHouse is licensed to take care of minors (in one of our homes) through the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services and must comply with the Minimum Standards for Independent Foster Homes. Our home for girls 18-24 requires no licensing from the state.
Development and Marketing Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design and execution of the development plan as approved by the Board, including fundraising activities, donor cultivation/relations, grant applications, corporate relations, stewardship, etc. Manages the development program, including annual fund/direct mail, major gifts (churches and individuals), grants, and events.
- Manages the donor database software, including queries and reporting. Oversees administrative assistant regarding gift entry, pledge reminders, and stewardship/ acknowledgement letters.
- Responsible for public relations and publicity, including general marketing materials (newsletters, brochures, annual reports, etc.). Represents LifeHouse at public and private events as necessary.
- Develops community strategies and vehicles (annual report, website, Facebook, etc.) to increase awareness of LifeHouse’s mission and results in the community.
- Builds and maintains relationships with churches and program/referral partners to build strong pipelines of supporters, volunteers, and residents.
- Coordinates volunteers and volunteer projects, collaborating with Operations/Clinical to identify volunteer needs.
- Builds and manages alumni program and helps develop an evaluation and tracking effort to measure program outcomes, particularly for use in support of grant requests.
Program, Clinical, and Operations Responsibilities
Prior to the addition of any contract or permanent program and operation staff which is anticipated once the Executive Director position is filled, the Executive Director will be responsible for overseeing all elements of LifeHouse’s program and clinical activities and operations of the organization’s two houses (with the support of the house parent staff).
The Executive Director should be experienced and equipped to lead a feasibility study for new programs, most immediately the one being considered that would allow us to provide counseling to young women who do not live at LifeHouse. Should the feasibility study conclude that this program should be launched, the Executive Director will be the leader in developing plans and ensuring that the new program is marketed, implemented, and funded with excellence.
On a long-term basis, the Executive Director:
- Ensures a healthy spiritual life for all of the LifeHouse family.
- Leads house staff, including the development of a recruitment plan, exit plan, retention plan, and training program.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- September 7
Director of Medicines ProgramMAP International
- Brunswick, Georgia
- September 1
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4