Have you ever said you would be willing to serve overseas?
We are hiring 1 Western Culinary Chef, 1 Oral English Teacher for Nursing School, and
1-2 English Composition Teachers for August 2013 to June 2014 School Year at SIU
(see Pictures of the SIU Campus):
PLUS, we have 27 others schools requesting 137 more Oral English Teachers.
The harvest is plentiful!
These schools are more challenging to live and work at with very small foreign community. If this interests you, please let us know.
: You don't have to have formal teaching experience. This is a great opportunity for those who would love to travel, mentor, and touch lives in China through teaching. Learn more at:
- Airfare to China
- Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
- Medical Care Allowance
- Accident Insurance
- Private Apartment: www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing
- Internet and Utilities Paid
- Three Free Western Meals Per Day: www.academicsinasia.com/food
- Free Weekend Trips: www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips
- Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during term)
- Free Chinese Lessons
- Starting salaries range from 3,500 - 4,900 RMB a month depending on degree attained and other factors, with annual raises. (In 10 months its possible to save $2000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save
Who we are looking for:
We are interested in people with a variety of backgrounds, but we are especially looking for those who have a heart for traveling, mentoring students, living in community, and touching lives in China! We provide one of the smoothest transitions into the
Chinese culture as you join a university that caters to their 160 foreigners. If you come with a spouse, he/she may be able to teach one of these classes. Families encouraged to join our faculty! We have 11 families on staff with children.
Deadline to apply has been extended until positions are filled (the earlier
you apply the more likely you will get a job offer):
In July thre is a 3-week Long-term Impact Training (LIT)
experience to help you prepare for mentoring and impacting the Chinese culture. Download the LIT brochure to get more info:
Approximately 60 of our 137 foreign faculty teach Oral English
classes which are offered for Freshman and Sophomores. Every year we hire about 20 new Oral English Faculty. Learn more:
We offer a variety of academic courses, briefly outlined here:
These courses are offered through the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business.
prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for
preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Flexibility to provide input into new textbooks and supplemental case studies possible. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or
work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
We are looking to hire 10 qualified Business background teachers. Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Higher salary for higher degrees.
Western Culinary Head Chef:
BA Degree and culinary certification preferred.The Western Head Chef manages the daily operations of the Faculty and Guest Western kitchen while driving the highest standards in food preparation, sanitation and effective leadership of the Chinese speaking kitchen
staff. Daily operational responsibilities will include consistent and proper food production, maintenance of appropriate par levels, kitchen sanitation, staff training and development and weekly and monthly production reports. This position is responsible
for ensuring appropriate maintenance of kitchen equipment, maintaining a product book and operating the kitchen within budgetary guidelines. Email email@example.com for full job description.
- Oral English Teachers need a BA Degree and TESOL Certificate or BA and 2 years teaching experience. Higher salary for higher degrees.
- Business teachers should have a Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred.
- Professional or informal teaching experience preferred.
- Desire to interact in a cross-cultural setting.
- Willingness to learn and develop teaching with excellence.
- Ability to work with a myriad of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Willingness to enter into a foreign country with patience and diligence.
- Commitment to integrity and a heart of servant-leadership.
- You will be living in a community for 150 Foreigners with 120-300 impressionable students looking up to you as a role model.
- You will be expected to have interpersonal skills, be a team player, and realize life in China requires flexibility.
We will interview between December 2012 to March 2013. Early applicants will have more opportunities presented to them.
Any questions? Please introduce yourself to us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Aaron at 209-877-7427