Salem Communications – Detroit needs experienced Director of Social Media to serve the clients of our three stations: Faith Talk1500 WLQV (Christian Teaching & Talk), News Talk 1400AM The Patriot (News/Talk), and The Fish Detroit (ONLINE
Contemporary Christian Music). Our Marketing Consultants are our “front-line” people and interact every day with our local advertisers. If you have experience in all major social media platforms, a passion for sales and thrive in a high-activity, fast-paced,
team-oriented sales position, we want to talk with you.
- Daily management of all social media platforms for station clients with 1-4 posts across all platforms (content and case load depending on the business and contracts).
- Weekly reports to clients to show progress.
- Train sales team on social media and assist them with selling the service to their clients.
- Work with station staff to promote client events and promotions, and attend events to post live to media platforms.
- Weekly research on the latest trends in social media.
- Act as a liaison between stations’ clients and social media followers.
- Create and post engaging, sharable content across all platforms to promote our clients and their promotions, events and community outreach.
- Engage in conversations with followers and respond to all inquiries on social sites.
- Create ways for users to connect to our clients to build a sense of community.
- Host training seminars for staff, clients and area businesses on social media topics.
- Create and sell marketing campaigns to local businesses.
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, 401k with employer match, as well as paid holidays and paid vacation.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, Public Relations, advertising or related field and 3-5 years’ experience in a related field of work.
- Experience in all major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, and professional blog sites.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, as well as, basic video editing capabilities preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to multi-task are a must.
- Supportive personality conducive to building rapport with new clients and sales team.
Please send resume’ to:
Chris MacCourtney, General Manager
Salem Communications – Detroit
2 Radio Plaza
Ferndale, Michigan 48220
Salem Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Owned by Salem Communications, Corp. (Nasdaq: SALM) headquartered in Camarillo, California.