Salem Communications Corporation, (NASDAQ:SALM), is the largest commercial U.S. radio broadcasting company that provides programming targeted at audiences interested in Christian and conservative opinion content. The company owns a portfolio of 98 radio
stations in 38 US cities.
Salem Communications- Twin Cities is looking for a dynamic Promotions Director that will make a full contribution to the success of the Marketing/Promotion, Programming and Sales departments by being an effective team member; assist in the execution of station
promotions and events from inception to completion; assist and coordinate in a timely manner general Marketing and Promotion department functions; assist in our Half Price Deal internet mall program; and assist by working directly with our Web Developer to
insure our web content is accurate and up-to-date; and assisting with our client’s social media initiatives.
- Oversee all promotions and marketing efforts for AM 1280 The Patriot, AM 980 KKMS, and Business 1570. This includes on-air, on-line, and on-location promotions, and it also includes all aspects of marketing the brands, in all forms, on all platforms.
- Work with the program director and sales manager to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities.
- Plan and execute all aspects of station events for all three stations
- Pursue new opportunities to grow the stations’ presence in cross-platform arenas, specifically, mobile, web, and social media. This requires working with Salem’s Director of Digital Media to remain on the cutting edge of available technology.
- Coordinate relationships with national ministries and oversee execution of national promotional campaigns with local promotions staff.
- A minimum of three-years of promotions/event marketing experience.
- Thorough understanding of the Christian teach/talk, news/talk, and business talk formats.
- Understanding of radio promotional and programming strategy and online and social media marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Innovative and strategic thinker.
- Organized individual with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
- Strong computer skills required including writing, web development, and photo editing and presentation design
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, 401k with company match, as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation days.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Communications at
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you,
please submit a well written cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Desta Kraft, Office Manager at email@example.com. No phone calls please.