MBF – The Medical Benevolence Foundation
Director of Development – Eastern United States
The Medical Benevolence Foundation (MBF) proclaims and demonstrates the gospel of Jesus Christ by encouraging and supporting the healing ministries of our world-wide partners.
For 50 years MBF has been mobilizing and leading churches in the U.S. to equip the Presbyterian Church in developing countries with skills and resources for medical ministry. Our goal is to preach the gospel as we care for the health needs of the poorest of the poor throughout the world.
Why do we feel God is leading us to do this? We know that healthcare is the single most important way to help the poor escape poverty. And we know that helping to build medical programs is one of the best ways for the church to achieve long term self-sustaining ministry.
MBF is looking for a Director of Development who will be responsible for building strong, long term relationships and solicitation of major individual and church donors.
This high energy individual will work collaboratively and collegially with churches and individuals in his/her region in order to build and strengthen commitment and participation in international medical ministry
- Effectively solicit major financial donations and other financial support from individuals, church congregations and other organizations.
- Establish and achieve annual donation goals for assigned region.
- Effectively organize and manage all development activities including regular donor contact, communication, account tracking and individual follow-up for an assigned geographic region.
- Act as a valued professional resource and advisor in order to educate and inform individuals, congregations or their representatives of the needs of international health programs and the importance of continued support of MBF’s categories of funding as directed.
- Make fundraising, planned giving and educational presentations to congregations, groups and individuals.
- Utilize and refine strategies that maximize financial contributions and that maintain consistency with the policies, principles and values of MBF.
- Travel extensively within the United States (at least 50% of the time) and have a willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Committed Christian, active in a local church
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years progressively more advanced work experience.
- Committed to the principles and policies of MBF and the ministry of health and healing around the world.
- Strategic thinker with clear goal orientation
- Ability to operate with purpose, speed, and accuracy in a fast-paced environment with an urgent mission
- Ability to relate to donors of all ages and across a broad theological spectrum
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Benefits are competitive.
Commensurate with Experience
Posting Expiration Date:
How to Apply:
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS PLEASE SUBMIT a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org In your cover letter, please describe (in 250 words or less) why you are inspired by the MBF mission and believe you are the right person for this position.
Please include “Director of Development” in the subject header of the email. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Development DirectorJAARS, Inc.
- Waxhaw, North Carolina
- October 21
WriterFirst Liberty Institute
- Plano, Texas
- October 19
Executive Development Representative - HoustonThe Seed Company
- Houston, Texas
- October 12
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4
MBF-Medical Benevolence Foundation
The Medical Benevolence Foundation (MBF) proclaims and demonstrates the gospel of Jesus Christ by encouraging and supporting the healing ministries of our world-wide partners. For 50 years MBF has been mobilizing and leading churches in the U.S. to equip the Presbyterian Church in developing countries with skills and resources for medical ministry. Our goal is to preach the gospel as we care for the health needs of the poorest of the poor throughout the world. Why do we feel God is leading us to do this? We know that healthcare is the single More...