Church Vision: To move people to extraordinary life in Christ.
Church Size: Average Sunday morning attendance 220.
- Spiritual Gifts: Pastor and Leadership.
- Strengths: Friendly, enthusiastic, relational, team-orientated, good administration skills, intentional equipper and self-initiator.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Studies or equivalent.
Objectives/Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Senior Pastor, the Youth Pastor will work cooperatively with the staff team, elders and congregation to accomplish the church’s vision through:
- Christ-like leadership and character and consistent embodiment of the vision of SHBC and working in a healthy and unified manner with other staff, congregants and community stakeholders.
- Developing, promoting and leading in the planning and conducting of the overall Youth Ministry including special projects, activities, programs, retreats, camps, fellowships, mission projects, parent ministry and community/school outreach.
- Overseeing and leading weekly Youth Group for church and community kids.
- Working with 100+ junior high drop-in students at church weekly on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Working in local high school with Young Life representative.
- Working in local high school to help host breakfast club.
- Working in local junior high school with teachers and students.
- Providing biblical guidance to students, families and others experiencing life problems.
- Actively discipling youth and conducting timely and effective follow-up of new believers.
- Faithful and diligent development & implementation of an Annual Ministry Plan in keeping with the core purpose/vision/values outlined in the SHBC Strategic Plan.
- Attending and participating in Sunday Worship and other church activities.
- Reaching out to both believers and unbelievers with the love and gospel of Christ.
- Intentional ‘bridge-building’ and community-based service projects in surrounding neighborhood.
- Developing and initiating core student leadership and recruiting adult volunteers.
- Conducting general pastoral duties.
- Working directly with parents to increase awareness and involvement in Youth Ministry.
- Developing student leaders and incorporate student leaders into event/ministry planning.
- Using social media to creatively and effectively to connect with youth.
- Living in the local community.
- Mentoring key student leaders one on one.
- Maintaining a consistent devotional life of daily prayer and reading God’s word.
Supervisor: Youth Pastor will report to the Senior Pastor.
Salary: $40,000 to $50,000 CAD annually (depending on experience and education).
Closing Date for Applications: March 8, 2013