National Promotions Coordinator - Chicago
Salem Communications Corporation, (NASDAQ:SALM), is the largest commercial U.S. radio broadcasting company that provides programming targeted at audiences interested in Christian and conservative opinion content. The company owns a portfolio of 98 radio
stations in 38 US cities, including 5 stations programmed in its Spanish-language Christian Teaching and Talk format.
In addition to its radio broadcast business, Salem owns a large and rapidly growing Internet division - Salem Web Network. This division serves our audience via websites such as Christianity.com, Jesus.org, Crosswalk.com®, BibleStudyTools.com, WorshipHouseMedia.com
Salem is in the process of launching and building their National Promotions Department at our Chicago station and is looking for talented and motivated broadcasting professionals who understand how to create compelling and relevant radio in the country’s
third largest market.
- Work with National Promotions Director to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities and events across all Salem’s formats.
- Assist local markets in the execution of large station events, as needed, including:
Preparation of a promotional strategy, outlining timelines and deadlines for marketing elements
Creating sponsorship packages
Setting up registration/ticketing process
Preparing event timeline, sponsor timeline, and program clock
Create sales recap
- Develop/produce video promo pieces, video pre-rolls and recaps.
- Support the National Ministries Department to serve and increase response for our ministries.
- Work to find new ways to leverage our digital assets and increase response and revenue.
- Limited travel may be required.
- 4-6 years of corporate event planning experience.
- Thorough understanding of all of Salem’s formats (News/talk, Christian Talk and Teaching, Christian Contemporary Music, Business and Spanish format).
- Experience using social media marketing as a marketing tool
- Video editing and graphic design experience (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines under pressure
- Bilingual in Spanish helpful but not required
Salem Communications offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, 401k with company match, as well as 10 paid holidays and paid vacation.
Please visit our website for more information about Salem Communications at
If you possess these qualifications and Salem Communications sounds like the company for you, please submit your well written cover letter with salary requirements and resume to
email@example.com or fax 847-439-2846. No phone calls.
Salem Communications and Salem Media of Illinois, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.