KidWorks, a well-respected, fast-growing community development organization located in Central Santa Ana, offers an exciting opportunity for a proven leader to serve as President. KidWorks restores at-risk neighborhoods one life at a time and serves over 800 children, youth and parents. We focus on holistic services for the community through preschool, after-school tutoring, leadership development, adult education, community engagement, advocacy and health care. To learn more visit www.kidworksonline.org
KidWorks is seeking a President to lead and develop a dynamic team of dedicated leaders. We are looking for an energetic, forward-thinking leader who will be able to drive the continued growth of KidWorks while bringing an innovation and best practices focus to the organization. The President will play a critical role in the current and future success of KidWorks. Working with the board of directors and the CEO, he/she will formulate KidWorks’ business strategy and will ensure the effective execution of that strategy.
Desired Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced, dynamic and talented, multi-dimensional CEO-level executive with business acumen and a focus on growing KidWorks. The candidate will have strong relational skills and enjoy building and coaching teams.
- Able to build deep and strong teams;
- Capable of leading by example and reinforcing corporate values, culture and policies throughout the organization;
- Decisive; capable of articulating a vision and making decisions while demonstrating a collaborative attitude and approach;
- Ability to establish early credibility at all levels of the organization;
- A reputation as a creative, “get the job done” executive coupled with the ability to motivate and empower;
- Able to balance day-to-day operational budget needs and objectives with strategic growth goals;
- High professional and personal integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Superior diplomatic and consensus building skills;
- Demonstrated high-energy and persistence in the pursuit of objectives;
- A passion for excellence;
- Intellectual vigor and curiosity; a creative flair, but also a pragmatist;
- Commitment to KidWorks’ mission, vision, values, culture and history, including understanding of and compassion for the needs of KidWorks community at all levels.
- Ability to define clear and appropriate success measures and effectively track progress towards KidWorks’ strategic goals.
- Ability to generate creative, innovative ideas and take calculated risks within the boundaries of KidWorks’ vision, values and areas of focus.
- Awareness of and ability to negotiate legislative and policy issues that have impact on KidWorks programs
- Demonstrated expertise in advocacy, coalition-building and project collaboration with multiple and diverse public and private organizations and businesses.
- Strategic planning. Working with the CEO, leadership team and Board of Directors, the President develops a shared vision for the future of KidWorks, builds understanding and alignment around this vision, and develops appropriate goals, strategies and success measures to advance the vision. The President is responsible for leading the staff in the implementation of the strategic plan and annual plan.
- General management. Working with the CEO, leadership team and Board of Directors, the President establishes operational objectives that support the vision, mission and strategic plan and oversees all aspects of community services, engagement and advocacy efforts. The President’s integrity and leadership set the tone for agency culture and community service and engagement practices at all levels.
- Fiscal management. The President ensures that agency finances are managed wisely and in keeping with public trust. It is the President’s role to see that solid planning and budgeting systems are in place and that the organization’s goals and strategic plan serve as the basis for sound financial planning. The President ensures that qualified employees are hired to accurately monitor, assess, manage and report on the financial health of KidWorks.
- Board relations. The President, CEO and Board work together as partners, with joint responsibilities for developing and maintaining a strong working relationship and a system for sharing information. The President and CEO work with the Board to effectively recruit, train and engage new Board Directors.
- Public policy and public image. The President, in partnership with the CEO, establishes and maintains positive relationships with the many groups that support the work of KidWorks and works collaboratively with diverse partner churches, companies, schools and universities, and organizations.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 5 - 8 years executive leadership experience, preferably with experience in a nonprofit demonstrating hands-on strategic management, organizational development and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse and complex constituencies to build consensus and unity
- Demonstrated prior experience effectively developing and managing a staff of accountable and engaged professionals
- Possess exceptional high-level organizational, administrative, budgeting, and financial management skills
- Evening and weekend meetings and events
- Spanish language skills required
Negotiable depending on education and experience
Application Instructions: To apply for this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your résumé, cover letter and compensation history by February 28, 2013. Please write “President” in the subject line. All three attachments must be received. Please forward electronic submissions only. No phone calls please. Only principal, qualified candidates will receive a response.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Sales RepresentativeHigh Point Travel
- Dallas, Texas
- June 29
Front End DeveloperCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- June 19
Executive DirectorCrossroad Bible Institute
- Grand Rapids, Michigan
- June 18
Executive DirectorPrivate Profile
- Grand Rapids, MI, Michigan
- June 9
Ugandan Kids Choir Tour MembersChildcare Worldwide
- Bellingham, Washington
- June 4
KidWorks, a well-respected, fast-growing community development organization located in Central Santa Ana, offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced marketing and fundraising professional to provide high level, results driven leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of a full range of donor-centered marketing strategies. KidWorks restores at-risk neighborhoods one life at a time and serves over 800 children, youth, and parents every week through preschool, after-school tutoring and enrichment, leadership development More...