The Haiti Security Manager is responsible to promote and support the success and safety of field programs and staff. As Security Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining security and safety for all field programs, bases and housing. This position will have direct oversight of all security guards. This position will also develop and maintain security and evacuation plans and policies in accordance to Haiti and IHQ policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Utilize interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with diverse personnel who impact security of SP personnel. These include but are not limited to local village leaders, police, military, other NGOs, UN and government leaders;
• Develop, manage and train a team of national security officers as well as sub-base national staff;
• Implement and monitor the security and safety plan, including reporting to the Regional Security Manager and Haiti leadership on a regular basis;
• Preparation of monthly security reports with analysis of field office security incidents and personal assessment and evaluation of policy implementation at the field level;
• Review and maintain a safety/security checklist for site to ensure adherence to protocols. This includes but is not limited to: driver’s manual, convoy procedures, site safety and security, reporting procedures for field operations, security briefing for pre and post mission, evacuation plans and incident reporting;
• Maintenance of asset control, and liaising with logistics to ensure compliance;
• Maintenance of the Security Protocols/ Manual and incident records;
• Lead in responding to accidents, manifestations, robberies, etc. This will be in conjunction with the medical team;
• Keep Haiti administration and regional field security and safety officer informed of security status, information, needs, and concerns;
• Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep the Haiti administration informed of events, including crisis response options;
• Maintain disaster response plan, evacuation plan, and ensure there are staff safe houses and safe places close to program locations and common routes;
• Maintain awareness of legal and cultural requirements and advise as to compliance of Samaritan’s Purse with the same;
• Work closely with the SP Haiti leadership to determine appropriate solutions to staffing and program needs in area of responsibility;
• Ensure efficient use of funding and accurate financial reporting;
• Maintain a lifestyle consistent with Jesus Christ and provide spiritual leadership to staff and volunteers;
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Ability to coordinate activities, building and maintaining positive working relationships;
2. Ability to understand complex security situation and advise program design accordingly;
3. Ability to analyze information to develop a complete picture of security situations;
4. International disaster relief background strongly encouraged;
5. Excellent planning and organizational skills;
6. Above average communication skills – English fluency required, French and/or Creole preferred;
7. Networking and team building skills;
8. Flexibility and adaptability;
9. Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team;
10. Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds;
11. Financial management experience preferred;
12. Proven management and leadership experience;
13. Diplomacy, negotiating skills;
14. Spiritual maturity; Ability to lead direct reports in their growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum 1 year of management experience, preferably in a disaster location;
• Experience working in Haitian context desired;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field desirable; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Previous Security experience preferred. Water, sanitation, construction, livelihood or other sector specific experience a plus;
• Twelve credit-hours of college-level Biblical Studies required;
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
Accompanied position; no minor children allowed in area
Open till filled
Mission Statement: Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Distinct Objectives: The work of Samaritan’s Purse is marked by five distinct objectives, grounded in Scripture and biblical principles:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible-- “God Room”
Those interested should complete the employment application at the Samaritan's Purse website.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Ministry Care Center RepresentativeTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- December 19
Project Manager - Remote - 3 Year Minimum ExpThe Pocket Testament League
- NA, Pennsylvania
- December 17
Kids Ministry DirectorNewsong Church
- Irvine, California
- December 17
Creative Video Editor/ProducerExplore God Network
- Austin, Texas
- December 16
Chief Executive OfficerPrivate Profile
- Bay Area, California
- December 15
The story of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:30-37) gives a clear picture of God's desire for us to help those in desperate need wherever we find them. After describing how the Samaritan rescued a hurting man whom others had passed by, Jesus told His hearers, "Go and do likewise." Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disa More...