Salem Communications is looking for talented and motivated broadcasting professionals who understand how to create compelling and relevant radio in the country’s third largest market.
- Oversee all promotions and marketing efforts for both AM 560 THE ANSWER and AM 1160 WYLL. This includes on-air, on-line, and on-location promotions, and it also includes all aspects of marketing the brands, in all forms, on all platforms.
- Generate specific promotional strategies to grow the brands, with specific, measurable goals. This requires coordinating with personnel in the department to plan and execute these strategies and to measure their success. This requires direct supervision
of the Director of Audience Development and all other promotions assistants.
- Work with program director and sales managers to identify and develop revenue-generating promotional opportunities.
- Plan and execute all aspects of station events for both stations, including:
Prepare promotional strategy outlining timelines and deadlines for marketing elements, registration, etc.
Oversee registration process, send updates to team, track pacing
Prepare event timeline, sponsor timeline, and program clock
Schedule staff an ensure all day-of responsibilities are covered
Create sales recap
- Pursue new opportunities to grow the stations’ presence in cross-platform arenas, specifically, mobile, web, and social media. This requires working with Salem’s Director of Digital Media to remain on the cutting edge of available technology.
- Run weekly promotions and marketing meetings for both radio stations.
- Coordinate relationships with national ministries and oversee execution of national promotional campaigns with local promotions staff.
- Directly Supervise the Director of Audience of Development and all part-time promotions staff.
- 3-5 years of major market or national promotional and/or programming experience.
- Thorough understanding of both the news/talk and Christian talk and teach formats
- Understanding of radio promotional and programming strategy and online and social media marketing
Please e-mail cover letters and resumes to:
email@example.com or fax: 847-439-2846.
NO PHONE CALLS
Salem Media of Illinois, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer