Position Available: Head of School
School Name: Central Florida Christian Academy
School Address: 700 Good Homes Road
City, State, Zip: Orlando, FL 32818
Phone: (407) 850-2322
Fax: (407) 293-6914
About Employer: Central Florida Christian Academy (CFCA) was founded in 1973 and is a ministry of First Baptist Church of Central Florida, Orlando. CFCA is a Christ-centered college preparatory school enrolling students from Transitional Kindergarten through grade 12. CFCA serves an ethnically diverse population of multiple socioeconomic backgrounds and admits students from the 50th percentile and higher. CFCA is accredited by ACSI as well as Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). The purpose of CFCA, as a ministry of First Baptist Church of Central Florida, is to glorify God by partnering with families to educate, inspire and equip students to know and serve Jesus Christ among all nations by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Contact Person: Vickie Maloney
Contact Phone: 407-293-4571
Contact Email: email@example.com
Link to Online Job Posting: http://www.cfcaeagles.org/orlando-private-schools/career-opportunities
Special Instructions for Applicant
Interested and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible. Applications will be evaluated promptly by the search committee as soon as they are received. PLEASE NOTE, the search committee reserves the right---in the event a truly superior candidate emerges early in the search process--to shorten the search and to make an earlier appointment. For this reason it is essential that interested candidates apply at the earliest possible time.
Candidates should send, in a single PDF attachment, the following:
• A cover letter, no longer than two pages, including specific expression of interest in the Head of School position
• An up-to-date resume not to exceed two pages
• A one page statement of educational and leadership philosophy
• A one page list of references with names, titles, places of business, phone numbers, e-mail addresses and relationship to applicant
Please send ONLY the information requested above in a single PDF attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Education Level Desired: The Head of School shall have a minimum of a master’s degree with a background in business or training in administration, supervision and curriculum.
The Head of School of Central Florida Christian Academy (CFCA) is the chief administrator of the school and the agent of the senior pastor in implementing all aspects of the school’s stated mission, carrying out its policies and creating plans to achieve both its short term and long term goals and objectives. The Head of School is directly accountable to the Senior Pastor and School Committee and has ultimate staff responsibility for the operation of the school. The Head of School is to be the spiritual, administrative and educational leader of the school. This means that the Head of School is responsible and accountable for all of these areas even though some of the individual responsibilities may be delegated to others.
First and foremost, the Head of School must be a Christian with a heart for God. The Head of School must have a personal testimony and a lifestyle that reflects spiritual maturity, intimacy with God, and a commitment to evangelism. The Head of School must be in agreement with the CFCA Statement of Faith and be an active member of First Baptist Church Central Florida. The Head of School is the spiritual vision caster of CFCA. The Head of School should have as great an interest in the spiritual growth of a student or faculty member as academic or professional dilemmas. When called upon to lead a chapel service, teach a Bible study, or speak at a church, it should not be a daunting task for the Head of School. The Head of School must also be attuned to and conversant with the challenges and deceptions of the culture of our day and be thoroughly committed to the integration of a Biblical Worldview throughout the campus. The Head of School must believe the Word of God as being the only infallible standard for faith and practice and be committed to applying Biblical principles to life situations.
The Head of School must
- Be a decisive leader who will stand firm on decisions while also proactively seeking and considering the input and views of others;
- Model a servant leadership style while not shirking the responsibility of leadership and must understand how and when to assert appropriate firmness to ensure the mission of CFCA is fulfilled;
- Be perceived as fair-minded and a person of unquestioned integrity;
- Have a proven ability to provide direction and establish an internal culture of teamwork, excellence, and cohesion as well as to resolve conflicts;
- Have a passion for educating children within a Biblical Worldview and to show empathy with an understanding of young people; and,
- Have a strong intellect and be able to use that ability with wisdom and an understanding of how to positively influence others and bring them along.
Successful leadership and organizational management skills are important to this position. As a leader of faculty and students, this person should be an encourager with an optimistic attitude, natural cheerfulness, and a good sense of humor. This person should be dynamic, energetic, self-motivated, and should have an engaging personality and a contagious enthusiasm, which attracts others to the vision and mission of CFCA.
- Assume spiritual leadership of the school in line with the principles outlined in the Bible and the CFCA Statement of Faith, and be a role model of Christian character for the faculty, staff, parents and student body.
- Provide effective leadership of the management team insuring that a spirit of participatory management exists with the establishment of proper delegation of responsibility and authority with accountability.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships of mutual support with the constituent communities of the school.
- Be responsible for overall management of the financial, educational and operational activities of the school which includes establishing an effective system of planning, organizing, energizing and controlling the many functional requirements.
- Develop and implement programs and activities to enhance enrollment and increase the positive image of the school. This includes developing effective relationships with various people within and outside of the school community.
- Have sufficient expertise in development and be responsible for expanding the donor base and an annual giving to meet the requirements for annual fund revenue in the annual budget.
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with parents.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communication with the school committee, administration, faculty, parents and students.
- Insure that the buildings and grounds are kept in proper repair and order consistent with budgetary constraints.
- Periodically benchmark other schools to keep the school competitive in areas of education, recruiting of students, campus facilities and equipment, food service and any other pertinent function or aspect of the physical plant.
- Maximize the utilization of the school’s resources.
- Develop and maintain a consistent discipline program that fosters respect and godly order and structure on campus.
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the school committee.
- Regulate and enforce proper discipline insuring that high standards of moral and ethical conduct are followed by all members of the staff and faculty.
- Provide personal counseling and spiritual guidance to faculty and staff.
- Develop working conditions and employment practices that are of such a level as to attract and maintain a qualified staff and faculty.
- Work with the principals and other administrators in recruiting, screening and hiring qualified and dedicated staff and faculty members who have a mature Christian testimony and a heart for the ministry.
- Insure that faculty is teaching in a manner that is consistent with the purpose and mission of the school and based on a proper professional advancement of the faculty and staff.
- Provide opportunities for staff and faculty spiritual growth.
- Insure that all staff and faculty receive two yearly performance reviews and that any instances of misconduct are documented and dealt with appropriately.
- Insure overall excellence of athletic, artistic and extra-curricular activities.
- Provide the highest quality of academic program consistent with budgetary limits.
- With the assistance of the principals, develop and implement educational objectives.
- Continually monitor and review curriculum for potential improvements and issues.
- Insure that all staff and faculty are required to continue to grow in their respective field of endeavor.
- Responsible for developing, recommending to the school committee, and implementing annual budgets (with assistance from the Finance Department), including recommendations for enrollment and tuition levels.
- Develop and recommend to the school committee salary levels for staff and faculty that are competitive within the Christian school market.
- Exercise budget control to insure that the annual budget is not exceeded without prior school committee approval.
- Be directly involved in the development program of the school to raise funds to meet the projected needs.
- Provide financial projections as needed to insure financial goals are achieved.
- Insure complete and accurate monthly financial statements (and any other information required) are issued to the school committee in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the business plan for the school in concert with the Senior Pastor and the Finance Department.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
MK Homeschool TeacherAfrica Inland Mission
- February 10
EFL TeacherNoah Foreign Language Institute
- Sano, Tochigi, Not Assigned
- February 6
Educational Assistant/Substitute TeacherNorthshore Christian Church & Academy
- Everett, Washington
- February 5
Traveling Youth Presenter TeamCamfel Productions
- Travel the US, Home office located in, California
- February 3
Operations AdministratorMontana Wilderness School of the Bible
- Augusta, Montana
- February 2
First Baptist Church of Central Florida
God gave the First Baptist Church of Central Florida a vision more than 30 years ago for Christian education. The vision of our founders has become the Central Florida Christian Academy of today. Our church has commissioned the school to exist to educate the student in the basic disciplines of learning but then also to develop a Christian worldview coupled with a deep sensitivity to the Spirit of God and the Word of God.More...