We are a thriving church pushing 1000, with a strong emphasis on reaching those who have yet to cross the line of faith and equipping believers for greater impact. We have 3 services (one traditional and two contemporary). Our staff is unified and pumped
for where God is going to take us with the next phase of growth for us as a church. This individual is responsible for visioning, planning, and implementing a comprehensive ministry for children (ages birth through 6th grade). He/she will work in concert with
the Lead Staff and be available for “pitching in with the team” as needed for greater impact of the entire church.
• Develop a comprehensive vision for Kids Ministry at FirstMBChurch that enhances our vision.
• 3E (Engage, Equip, Evaluate) through leading the KMT in the vision and implementation of the Kids Ministry program. This will include, but not be limited to: regular meetings with the KMT for training and encouragement, accessing resource needs, following up with resource needs, evaluate and recommend curriculum, create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage kids to continue to grow on the spiritual journey.
• This individual will evaluate and make recommendations to the Executive Pastor regarding facilities, furnishings and equipment as it relates to Kids Ministry.
• Be responsible for the development and maintaining of a resource center for volunteer teachers, and staff regarding the Kids Ministry.
• Create training opportunities for parents to disciple children in the home, encouraging parents to mentor their children on their spiritual journey.
• Help to facilitate and/or participate in care giving, counseling and referral.
• Oversee Special Needs ministry for children.
• Missional: Be prewired for evangelism AND discipleship, or as we coin it, “evangelipleship”. According to Jesus they are the inseparable. It should be the norm for people who have yet to cross the line of faith to be engaged in our services and for everyone to be engaged in a Missional Community where spiritual growth and serving are taking place.
• Rock Solid Visionary Leadership: Have a demonstrated track record of leading and multiplying both leaders and volunteers to greater effectiveness. Be a visionary who grasps where we must go, and a strategizer/organizer to take us there.
• People Person: Be a magnet for potential leaders who are drawn to your ability in providing transformational leadership growth. Raise up and develop teams to “give away” effective ministry.
• Systems Developer: Have the ability and clear understanding to be both a people and systems developer. Multi-tasking is a must.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com to be considered a candidate.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
First MB Church
First MB is a thriving church pushing the 1000 mark. We have 3 services (one traditional and two contemporary), in a great location. We are passionate for reaching those who have yet to cross the line of faith and strengthening the faith of those who already have. Our team is unified and excited for where God is leading us.More...