Position Summary: Develops and implements, in conjunction with the Director of Development Ministries, the fundraising strategies in an assigned geographic area with specific emphasis on major donors. This position includes
assisting donors in realizing their stewardship goals through financial partnership and encouraging donor participation in spreading Wycliffe Associates’ vision of involving people in the advancement of Bible translation. This position includes a significant
amount of overnight travel.
1. Under the direction of the Director of Development Ministries, implements strategies that will increase current and future donations from major donors and spread the Wycliffe Associates vision of involving people in the advancement of Bible translation.
2. Understands and effectively communicates the ministry vision to our constituency.
3. Helps to formulate and implement strategies and programs geared for the demographics of an assigned geographic area.
4. Provides a personal leadership that encourages others to exemplify a Biblical lifestyle including the highest level of ethical business practices.
5. Organizes major donor briefings and events during the year as directed.
6. Provides telephone and personal contact to all Wycliffe Associates donors within his/her assigned territory.
7. Identifies potential major donors from available information.
8. Promptly makes donor appreciation telephone calls on all gift receipts as directed.
9. Develops and operates within an assigned annual budget.
10. Maintains the assigned level of average monthly personal visitations.
11. Establishes effective working relations with other departments and key staff.
12. Submits all reports on a timely basis.
13. This position includes extensive overnight travel and requires the ability and willingness to fly and drive to meetings with current and potential partners.
14. Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development Ministries.
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
2. A minimum of five years experience in fundraising, sales, or marketing.
3. A demonstrated record of being a team leader with the ability to encourage, motivate and assist others in being successful.
4. Must have skills to accurately assess the future needs of the organization, to shape a plan to meet those needs and to articulate this vision with a clarity and energy that brings positive results.
5. Whether speaking to groups or one-on-one, this person must be an effective communicator.
6. Must have excellent writing skills.
7. Must be computer literate.
8. Basic knowledge of planned giving vehicles would be beneficial.
9. Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ): Demonstrates desire and ability to
support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in work related spiritual activities without mental reservation.
Wycliffe Associates makes employment decisions in accordance with applicable federal and state employment laws and regulations. As a religious organization, we are entitled to make employment decisions on the basis of religious beliefs and practices
of the applicant or employee. All positions require a personal commitment to Christ.