Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
When spiritual enrichment mixes with the elements of camp, you get a holistic retreat from daily routine - one that infuses experiences in nature with glimpses of the God who created it. At Forest Home, lives are changed every day through the power of
the Good News.
Prepares meals within quality, quantity, and service guidelines. Performs housekeeping and light maintenance duties as assigned when conference schedule permits.
- Prepares meals within quality and quantity guidelines using standardized recipes and menus.
- Provides leadership in absence of the Culinary Manager.
- Implements training for other cooks and staff as directed by the Culinary Manager.
- Maintains kitchen facility, including equipment, within health and safety guidelines.
- Reports needed repairs to Culinary Manager or Director of Operations.
- Maintains set-up, clean-up, and serving systems.
- Participates in housekeeping needs as assigned.
- Performs light maintenance duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be flexible and have strong work ethic.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Maintains a valid California Driver’s License.
- Prior experience in related food service positions.
- Knowledgeable about and be able to enforce food service health and safety guidelines.
- A self-starter.
- Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the departments or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish projects as assigned by the Culinary Manager and the Director of Operations.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality work.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Statement of Faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
To recieve consideration for this position please apply online through the Forest Home Career Site by going to: www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-app-viewjob.php?clientkey=B1F69802FF6B554E1E676CD4C24BF1FD&jobcode=1870&jpt=