FOREST HOME COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT:
The Communications Department supports all areas of Forest Home with various strategic print and online materials. We are a collaborative team that works together with grace, servant’s hearts, and innovation. Our department has an ongoing workload, as we are always moving forward with communication plans for the numerous events and programs throughout the year.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
Our Communications Department is looking for a Web / Social Media Specialist who has an evident and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a heart for seeing their creative work impact people's lives for the glory of Jesus Christ. A successful candidate in this role will have demonstrated experience in their willingness to take direction but also has the ability to innovate and be a self-starter, and will demonstrate a satisfactory level of competence in the technical aspects of social media, computers, and graphic design.
- Implements web pages, maintains content and oversees day-to-day management of online presence (Foresthome.org, all Social Media platforms/pages, SEO, Photos, Videos and advertising).
- Assures quality of the online experience.
- Works with Communications team and other staff to develop page concepts, content and customer facing web presence.
- Plans for regular updates of pages in order to maintain timeliness of time/date sensitive information.
- Reviews and error checks all web content prior to and after release, to maintain high level of quality of the pages.
- Performs all maintenance of web pages.
- Manages Webmaster email account. Forwards all emails from the Webmaster email to the correct department.
- Keeps current with trends, HTML language, web tool developments, in order to use new and developing features.
- Work with third-party software (E-commerce & E-Blast) and teach other departments who might need to utilize these third-party software.
- Performs as key resource person for internal and external individuals needing help on navigating and using the web site. Also explains capabilities, architecture and limitations.
- Implements and manages all electronic direct appeals including list segmentation and/or purchase, e-blasts, outcome analysis and related strategies to ensure desired outcomes.
- Provides weekly status reports to the Director of Communications including utilization analysis and recommended adjustments.
- Attends meetings, as assigned.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- College degree in related field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Dynamic, self-motivated individual with experience and skills in graphic and web design.
- Excellent communication skills – writing and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as an integral team member.
- Highly proficient in HTML, CSS, Wordpress and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in Flash and HTML5 is an asset but not required.
- Experience with and understanding of viral marketing/social media.
- Ability to understand diverse customer perspectives and adapt the medium to address individual relevancy.
- Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without
compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Ability to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication, project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Event Assistant - Cleveland, OHSalem Media Group
- Cleveland, Ohio
- July 30
Director, MarketingChildren's Hunger Fund
- Sylmar, California
- July 22
Graphic DesignerCahoots Communications Inc.
- Greenwood Village, Colorado
- July 22
Digital Media ProducerCRISTA Ministries
- Seattle, Washington
- July 22
Sales DirectorEnd Poverty Now
- Toledo, Ohio
- July 21
Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages connect with God through His creation, hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and pursue God’s call for their life.