Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
When spiritual enrichment mixes with the elements of camp, you get a holistic retreat from daily routine - one that infuses experiences in nature with glimpses of the God who created it. At Forest Home, lives are changed every day through the power of
the Good News.
What We are Looking For
Forest Home is looking for a Director to provide leadership to our High School ministry program. We're looking for someone who has an evident love and passion for Jesus Christ, is grounded in God's Word daily, and is respected as a "Pastor" in their circle
of influence. A strong candidate will have demonstrated experience in teaching/preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, at least 5 years of in a manager/director level position that includes oversight of other staff and directing and implementing programs for
the high school age.
- Plans, leads and directs Forest Home's High School camps (winter & summer) to run at maximum capacity, while providing the highest guest experience.
- Works closely with Marketing and Reservations teams to develop and implements strategies for strengthening attendance and church partnerships.
- Develops and maintains communication/relationships with group leaders who attend programs.
- Provides leadership (recruiting, hiring, training, supervision and evaluation) to High School ministry staff.
- Teaches the Bible including, but not limited to: large group speaking, Bible Studies, seminar teaching, and curriculum design.
- Directs the preparation of the short term and long range plans and budgets.
- Evaluates the results of the overall operations of the High School program on a regular, systematic basis and reports these results to the Senior Director.
- Accounts for the overall safety and security procedures for High School program staff, campers and counselors, visitors and facilities.
- Actively supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- Supervises Residential High School ministry staff.
- College degree required.
- Demonstrated experience in developing curriculum and programs for high school ministry.
- Proficiency in large-group communication (including Biblical teaching).
- Experience in planning programs, administrating, budgeting, and scheduling.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Able to build and effectively develop relationships.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Able to live on grounds during summer camp and conferences.
- Able to work weekends.
- A self-starter.
- Able to handle confidential matters with excellence.
- Ability to perform high quality work.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
To recieve consideration for this position please apply online through the Forest Home Career Site by going to: www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/at-app-viewjob.php?clientkey=B1F69802FF6B554E1E676CD4C24BF1FD&jobcode=1872&jpt=