KIDS’ JOURNEY DESIGNER
This is a full-time job overseeing the children’s ministry (birth-6th grade) of Westwinds Church, a wildly vibrant community in Jackson, Michigan.
we are here to shadow God,
build the church, and
heal the world
WW Kids’ Mission:
providing Jackson with multisensory experiences
that help children encounter God’s story
through fun, new ways
that “rhyme” with The Cue (our weekend worship service).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience; preferably in a church with 500 in attendance
- planning children’s events and programs on the weekends and for special occasions (such as Christmas Eve and Halloween)
- developing programs and opportunities for ministering to families
- evaluation and implementation of curriculum
- training, education and development of volunteers
- training and organizing mission trips and/or outreach teams
- managing dedicated children’s studios and inventing new environments and interactive elements within those spaces
- participation in our Beyond 1000 initiative, which resources each department of the church to get off-site (1000 Robinson Road) and invest in the community
- creating in-roads with local schools and communities through ongoing investments and opportunities for interaction with our neighbors (e.g. after school programs, summer activities, camps, special events, etc.)
- value celebration—we want it to be fun!
- model liberation—we want the experience to be fresh, new, and different
- cultivate expectation—we want kids to get excited about coming back
- communicate affirmation—we want our kids to know they’re loved
- facilitate restoration—we want our families to grow, heal, and thrive together
- deep commitment to Jesus Christ and his church
- a desire to grow spiritually by shadowing God
- personal attendance at all staff events and church functions
- healthy relationships on staff and with volunteers
Commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Discipleship PastorMaryland Community Church
- Terre Haute, Indiana
- May 28
Church Insurance Marketing SpecialistAmerican Church Group of WI
- Madison, Wisconsin
- May 28
Warehouse PackagerTurning Point
- Lakeside, California
- May 28
Assistant House Parent ManagerGAP Ministries
- Tucson, Arizona
- May 27
DC Metro Church - Executive AssistantVanderbloemen Search Group
- Alexandria, Virginia
- May 22
A church for the misfits and miscreants, rabble and rebels. We’re an orthodox (meaning: not crazy, not cultists) church with an unorthodox (meaning: high energy, non-traditional) approach, working to shadow God, build the church, and heal the world.More...