The mission of Salem4youth is to be a ‘premier, Biblically based organization that excels at mentoring and supporting youth and families in crisis.’
We believe that it is not just about changing their behavior, but it is all about a change in their heart. Salem is a therapeutic boarding school for at-risk teenaged boys and are in need of residential house parents for our phase 3-4 cottage.
These candidates will be an essential part of mentoring and preparing these youth lead upstanding and Christ-like lives.
Duties and Responsibilities
*Work alongside of other residential staff to supervise and manage our residents.
* Enforce clear, consistent rules and daily routines for residents through the use of the level system throughout students’ daily activities.
* Responsible for maintaining a clean living standard in the cottage, holding residents accountable for that standard.
* Responsible for teaching and developing social skills, self-help skills, academic skills and independent living skills to the residents that are in their charge, while fostering the moral and spiritual development of each resident..
* Involved in treatment team meetings, discussing and giving input regarding treatment plans for each resident,
* Responsible for providing residents with the tools that they need to replace poor behavioral patterns with redemptive patterns of living by engaging in conflict resolution and crisis intervention. Physical restraint may be required in extreme and rare situations.
* Accurately complete all paperwork and submit it on time.
* Must be committed to the Mission, Core Values, and Vision of Salem4youth.
Education and Qualifications
* Applying couples must be married
* Three years or more experience working with troubled youth or comparable environment preferred.
* Training and certification in crisis management required (will provide).
* Training and certification in CPR/First Aid training required (will provide).
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and through the written word in a professional manner.
Job can include room and board + salary