Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Youth Shelter House Parent for a boy’s youth shelter located in Bellevue, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission is looking for the newest member of its team and we think that could be you! In partnership with the Mission’s Youth Services Department, Eastside Academy, and Bellevue Presbyterian volunteers and staff, the house parent will create a healthy and healing environment for a household of up to 6 high school youth in a residential setting. House parent will be required to live on site; married couples strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential job duties:
- Create a culture of love in the home based on humble leadership, positivity, value, and respect.
- Create a healthy family environment including guidance, safety, individual time spent, and appropriate love and affection.
- Help to plan and implement relational youth programming including life skills through household meals and routines, daily house meetings, on-going discipleship, educational encouragement, and special-needs response.
- Schedule enrichment activities/events including outings, sport/arts, retreats, job/internship, and service learning.
- Program administration, which includes admitting and dismissing program participants, establishing and maintaining appropriate boundaries and maintaining appropriate records and documentation.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with partners, volunteers, youth, parents and families involved in the program.
- Manage, support, and review the work of direct report(s), including hiring and performance review in cooperation with supervisor and HR.
- Develop annual budget and goals, to be approved by supervisor, Dept./Div. Head, President, and Board of Trustees.
- Assist and advise supervisor in developing and accomplishing the Youth Services Strategic Plan.
- Supervise and insure the safe stewardship of all house facilities, vehicles, and equipment.
- Submit reports to supervisor as needed.
- Attend all Mission meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft work and Outlook required.
- Creative/innovative relational and program development skills targeted towards high school students required.
- Ability to lead students in creating a culture of trust and respect and care and diligence.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment and decision-making in meeting objectives required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
- Ability to successfully manage staff and volunteers required.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License and willingness to use program or personal car for occasional work-related purposes required.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission of Faith.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent years of experience required; AA/BA preferred.
Experience: Experience in Christian youth ministry required. Experience with residential youth program development/administration highly preferred. Supervisory experience required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
House ParentProvidence Ministries, Inc.
- Dalton, Georgia
- September 27
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15
Family Teaching Couple (House Parents)The Children's Home
- Amarillo, Texas
- September 14
Elementary School Teachers in China - Still Interviewing!Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- July 4