Develop biblical, video-based, small group curriculum that helps people who are dealing with challenging issues (divorce, grief, single-parenting, rebellious children, etc).
Position type: Salaried
- Research potential curricula/projects: Involves identifying rampant, life-crisis issues; developing a clear understanding of the plight of those affected by such issues; identifying experts who have insights on how the Bible addresses those
issues; determining key topics to address when helping people deal with a particular struggle.
- Conceptualize curricula: Come up with ideas for video-based curricula that equip churches to help people dealing with life-crisis issues.
- Plan and conduct video interviews: Identify people around the country to interview and then feature in the curriculum (experts and those who have dealt/are dealing with the issue).
- Write scripts: This involves reviewing transcribed interviews, selecting bites (quotes) and writing content to weave all the collected video assets into a video series.
- Work with a creative team (video editors, graphic designers, writers/editors): Work with our team to translate script into a finished product.
There are many other tasks that arise in the course of developing a curriculum, which are too numerous to list. Some require supervision while others involve decision-making. At times, the position will require tasks that seem trivial and may be considered
an intrusion into the day of the Video Producer. Such tasks are to be viewed as necessary to the ongoing growth and health of Church Initiative.
- 5 years or more experience as a video-producer or as a video curriculum developer
- Masters degree in Christian education or Christian/biblical counseling
- 5 years experience using non-linear video editing programs (preferred, not required)
- 2 years serving on staff at a church as pastor or counselor (preferred, not required)
Because this position is a central role in a Christian ministry, it is important that applicants demonstrate spiritual maturity, including a professed relationship with Jesus Christ, a consistent and deep personal walk with the Lord, and a demonstrated heart
for ministry through the local church.
The Video Producer reports directly to the Executive Producer. At times, as assigned, he or she will be asked to report to and work with others on our team.
Please make inquires concerning this position through the Contact Employer function on this website.