A Christian family, located in the St. Louis area, is seeking a qualified teacher to educate our children (son age 12, and daughter age 10) in all academic disciplines and religious instruction. Teaching will be performed in the family home with appropriate
space, and with the equipment and curriculum to facilitate a quality educational setting. This position covers the education in most academic disciplines and religious instruction. The children’s education is supplemented with tutors in the following subjects:
music, language, and art.
Remuneration for this position is competitive. This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to not only positively impact our children, but to teach them in an intimate family setting.
To teach our children a quality curriculum, life skills, and attitudes which will help them live as exceptional citizens and achieve success in life. He/she shall be a person with superior academic and leadership qualifications and abilities.
- Teacher will demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, kindness, gratitude, self-control, perseverance and above all, a servant’s heart
- Teacher will meet everyday stress with emotional stability, objectivity, maturity and optimism
- Teacher will develop rapport with our children by treating everyone with friendliness, dignity and consideration
- Teacher will have the spiritual maturity, academic ability, and personal leadership qualities to “train up a child in the way he should go”
- Experience teaching religious curriculum is preferred
- Plan broadly through the use of quarterly and semester plans and assessments and ensure that appropriate records are maintained
- Plan a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of each student – challenging each of them to do their best work through their individual style of learning
- Provide materials for creative teaching that will reach the whole child – mentally, physically, socially and emotionally
- Use homework effectively for review, enrichment and mastery
- Maintain a classroom environment of orderliness and learning
- Maintain a punctual attitude in the classroom and adhere to the schedule
- Supervise extracurricular activities and outings as needed to augment the curriculum
- Provide input and constructive recommendations for changes and improvements in the curriculum and schedule
- Perform additional duties as determined by the parents