TRAFFIC DIRECTOR – Central Florida
The Traffic Director receives commercial “traffic” instructions from advertising agencies, clients and the station’s Account Executives, matches them up with audio files (commercials), then assigns a media number, arranges for their production and enters
the information into the traffic system. It is a critically important position as station revenue is derived from the correct airing of commercials. The Traffic Director works closely with the General Manager, Sales Department and Production staff.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Entering all copy in traffic software and completing paperwork for production
• Ensure all commercial copy complies with broadcast standards and practices
• Keep accurate records of all copy / instructions for a simple audit trail
• Reconcile commercial logs daily
• Generate daily commercial logs and distribute necessary inventory and ad campaign reports.
• Review/approve new orders, process order revisions, and handle weekly Network spot loads.
• Liaise with sales, account management, production, on air staff and General Manager on all issues relating to campaign delivery/performance, commercial spots and order entry.
• Assist General Manager as required.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Strong computer skills.
• Previous experience in ad sales and/or traffic management is a plus
• Exceptional organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast paced, rapidly-changing environment.
• Knowledge of Marketron & Deltaflex traffic systems & ENCO Automation system a plus.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, including a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Please submit your confidential cover letter with salary requirements and resume to