About our Firm
CapinCrouse is the leading national accounting firm whose mission and passion is to serve the not-for-profit community. We have several offices across the country, from Los Angeles to Atlanta, and have served the nonprofit community
with assurance, tax advisory and compliance, and management advisory services for over 40 years. You can find out more information about our firm by visiting our website at
At CapinCrouse, we are dedicated to:
- Passion for excellence, competence, and integrity
- Empowering and equipping staff
- Nurturing staff and respecting the dignity of the family
- Valuing the thoughts, opinions, and ministry of our clients and one another
The caliber of our clients and our high standards for how we serve them requires that we be highly selective in our recruiting process. We look for the best and brightest and then invest the time, technology, and resources that
result in long-term success for both the firm and our people. We ask our staff to provide a high level of professional assurance service to CapinCrouse’s clients and be a proactive member of the practice office and firm.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations. This includes preparing and/or posting the necessary journal entries to balance the account. This includes alerting the client to old/outstanding items that need to be voided.
- Prepare and post monthly and/or quarterly investment activity entries
- Maintain monthly and/or annual fixed asset schedules. CapinCrouse has fixed asset software that can be used for this.
- Reconcile general ledger to contribution module. This can be done monthly or annually.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Dashboard Reports, and other specialized reports requested by the board
- Prepare and post monthly payroll entries
- Review general ledger detail and prepare and post any necessary reclass entries or month-endaccruals
- Input annual budget and recommend chart of account changes to help improve efficiency and reporting
- Post accounts payable and contribution information on a weekly basis.
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Reputation of integrity, even in conflictive situations
- Ability to produce high-quality work while meeting deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
- Above average ability to learn and use computer software
- Ability to develop open and trusting relationships
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to motivate him/herself to grow professionally and serve with excellence
- Ability to assume responsibility for and complete agreed upon assignments
- Desire to work as a professional in a CPA firm with CapinCrouse’s values and mission
- Passion to serve others, especially nonprofit organizations