Full-Time, Exempt Position
This position will be responsible for effectively operating and managing all aspects of a child care program.
Vision House is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit Christian transitional housing program for homeless single mothers and their children, and for homeless single men recovering from drug and alcohol addiction.
Children’s Village Child Care is a program of Vision House licensed for 96 children with a staff of 22 child care teachers and an annual budget of $1,000,000. Children’s Village is a nationally accredited program by the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs (NAC).
- Provides leadership and supervision for child care staff in delivering a high quality child care program that meets the needs of children and their families
- Provides direction for staff in developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate Early Childhood curriculum
- Promotes child care program to prospective families, and ensures that the program is fully enrolled
- Markets Vision House Ministry and Children’s Village Child Care programs to the community
- Performs supervisory functions including hiring, orienting and evaluating staff
- Ensures that the center is staffed adequately at all times
- Responsible for parent communication, parent meetings and parent participation in center activities
- Develops and manages program budget, monitoring revenue and expenses and taking corrective action when necessary
- Maintains adequate supplies for center operations, including food, activity supplies and other materials
- Billing, DSHS audits, and working with case managers on financial child care plans for clients
- Oversees the USDA program and yearly income study
- Develops a “school awareness” achieved by walking into each classroom, greeting teachers, staff and children
- Is a model for teachers and staff. Is empathetic, respectful, encouraging and organized!
- Follows up with parents on fee collection when necessary
- Maintains complete and accurate records for program
- Ensures that the facility is clean, safe, and well maintained
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
- Minimum 4 years qualifying professional experience working with young children, preferably in child care.
- Meets the STARS requirement and is listed in the state training and registry system (STARS)
- Christian commitment – agreement and support of the Vision House Statement of Faith
- Proven management and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to making a difference in the lives of children.
- Ability to relate to and work effectively with culturally diverse children and families
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to pass criminal history background check
- Valid Washington State driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance
Organization, Leadership and Management
- assess program needs
- articulate a clear vision
- implement goals
- evaluate program effectiveness
- train, supervise and develop staff
- translate program goals into well-written policies and procedures
- understand leadership styles and group behavior
- be alert to changing demographics, social and economic trends, and developments in the field
- understand their own professional identity and responsibility as a Christian leader
- possess developed self-Awareness and is committed to self-development
- set personal and professional boundaries
- embrace servant leadership competencies (see list of Servant Leadership Resources below):
- Ability to listen to new ideas from team members.
- Ability to give constructive feedback not criticism, to encourage improvement without imposing pressure and to catch people doing things right.
- Ability to build on one another’s strengths as well as protect and offset one another’s weaknesses.
- Ability to be vulnerable and admit mistakes.
- Ability to be generous with necessary resources, supplies, and support needed to get the work done.
- Ability to see change as a challenge not a barrier.
- Good communicator – ability to inspire trust and confidence with clear vision, goals and empower team members in the right direction.
- Ability to focus on the needs of your team and meeting those needs, helping others express themselves, bringing out the best and encouraging team members to build a sense of community.
- Ability to show appreciation and recognition of the contribution of others and to encourage respect for one another.
Child Development and Early Childhood Programs
Directors need to assess each child's needs and assist staff in planning developmentally appropriate experiences. Directors need to understand:
- developmental patterns in early childhood and their implications for child care
- environmental psychology and the arrangements of space and materials that support development
- health, safety, and nutrition in care programs
Fiscal and Legal Considerations
Directors are expected to know federal, state, and local regulations governing child care centers, and be able to develop a budget, set tuition rates, and prepare financial reports.
Parent and Community Relations
Directors need to be able to:
- articulate a rationale for program practices to Vision House management and board of directors
- interpret child development for parents and others in the community
- understand the dynamics of family life,
- be aware of community resources that can support efforts in marketing and in serving parents
SERVANT LEADERSHIP RESOURCES
- The Servant Leader by James Autry (2004)
- The World's Most Powerful Leadership Principle: How to Become a Servant Leader by James Hunter (2004)
- Servant Leadership by Robert K. Greenleaf (2002)
- Servant Leader by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges (2003
- Salary range: $47,000 - $52,000 depending on qualifications and experience
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical & dental insurance, plus generous vacation, holiday and sick-leave plans
Email cover letter and resume to Human Resources:
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
Overseas University English TeachersAcademics In Asia
- China, China
- October 7
Overseas University Teacher for UNIV 103Academics In Asia
- China, Not Assigned
- October 6
Intervention SpecialistJubilee Leadership Academy
- Prescott, Washington
- October 2