The Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement Coordinator must have a deep love for children and have a deep love, respect, and belief in the local church. Requires an expressed interest in helping to heal children and strengthen families through the local church. The Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement Coordinator is responsible for advancing the mission and vision of PCHAS in churches by creating Christian foster care/adoption ministries within these churches to recruit and support foster/adoptive parents for abused and neglected children. All duties are performed in conjunction with agency staff, church leaders, and/or volunteers.
- Develop intentional prayer support for the PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement ministry.
- Develop, implement, operationalize, promote, and oversee strategy for foster care/adoption ministries by working with staff, consultants, and church leaders for strategy and counsel.
- Responsible for planning and executing comprehensive PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement campaign, including strategic planning, marketing, and communications.
- Be responsible for the daily operations management of the PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement ministry.
- Establish relationships with churches and facilitate the identification, networking, solicitation, and development of church collaborations for the implementation of PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement ministry.
- Solicits, tracks, and monitors thru on-sight visits, email, correspondence, and phone calls with interested collaborating churches utilizing agency software.
- Make church and community presentations to promote a PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement ministry that specifically targets areas for recruitment of foster/adopt parents.
- Develop, plan, organize, and prepare trainings for church and community collaborators related to the PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement ministry.
- Coordinate spiritual development opportunities for staff and/or churches.
- Assist in the development of marketing, public relations, and ministerial resource materials.
- Assess programmatic needs and incorporate into ministry strategies.
- Evaluate ministry initiatives relating to the advancement of the PCHAS Foster Care/Adoption Church Engagement ministry strategy and make changes as necessary.
- Develop, implement, track, and monitor performance/outcome measures.
- Provide assistance as requested to prepare annual operating and capital budgets for area of responsibility.
- Assist in special events.
- Identify opportunities to convey the mission of PCHAS to the local church and extended church community.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Possess knowledge of various church cultures and networks.
- Ability to effectively engage churches across denominational lines.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Demonstrate effective collaboration across departmental lines.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers and supervisor; able to negotiate difficulties in a professional manner.
- Ability to meet project deadlines or goals.
- Participates in training to meet required annual training hours.
- Performs general clerical tasks as required.
- Maintains compliance with all PCHAS policies, procedures and requirements. Maintains compliance with all federal and state laws. Maintains compliance with all agency regulatory guidelines and requirements.
Position Requirements, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of PCHAS philosophy of care as expressed in the PCHAS Way.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and experience in church and/or non-profit community relations. Master’s degree preferred with coursework in human services and church work.
- Requires ability to effectively work under pressure with frequent interruptions and remain flexible as priorities change; able to maintain calm and professional demeanor under pressure and crisis conditions; working conditions may be high energy, high stress; the position may experience verbal and/or physical aggression from client population.
Please apply online at pchas.org and send letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate Director for Hispanic ministry--Alpha in a Catholic contextAlpha USA
- Phoenix, Arizona
- September 29
Women's Biblical/Pastoral CounselorHis Mansion Ministries
- Hillsboro, New Hampshire
- September 26
Video ProducerChurch Initiative
- Wake Forest, North Carolina
- September 23
Director of Children's MinistryStonebridge Church
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- September 20
Residential Counselor for Struggling TeensHeartlight Ministries
- Hallsville, Texas
- September 15