To apply and recieve consideration for this position please apply online through the Forest Home Career Site by clicking here: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=651581
To provide spiritual and organizational leadership for the overall ministry of Forest Home Ojai Valley.
- Maintains Forest Home's commitment to Scripture and the inerrancy of the Bible in all camp ministries.
- Maintains overall quality of programs and ministries.
- Partners with church leaders in providing appropriate spiritual nurture of guests and participants.
- Provides spiritual leadership and nurture to the Ojai Valley staff.
- Recruits for, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff in direct reporting positions.
- Maintains a high quality of staff competency, providing growth opportunities, support, leadership, and development.
- Evaluates staffing needs, positions, work loads, and structures in order to maximize organizational effectiveness at all levels.
- Directs the Ojai Valley site’s short and long-range planning processes as outlined by the President.
- Oversees the business of the Ojai Valley site including 4-year strategic growth plan, annual operational budget, decision making for this site and facility projects.
- Works with Director of Operations to coordinate facility priorities and needs.
- Represents the Ojai Valley Forest Home ministry to the public.
- Participates as a member of the Forest Home Executive Team.
- Represents the Ojai Valley Forest Home ministry to Forest Home ministries.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities, including staff meetings and yearly Staff Retreat.
- Supervises the staff of Ojai Valley.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree in related field desired but may be offset by additional experience.
- Staff, facility, public relations, and ministry management skills and experience are essential.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a related position highly desirable.
- A self-starter.
- Excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality work.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Servant heart and Christ-like attitude.