This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Provides specific oversight and service through the various Corps Boys (e.g., Adventure Corps and the Boys Scouts of America) and Girls programs (e.g., Sunbeams and Girl Guards). Serves as resource for program materials and information.
- Oversees the training and development of character building program leaders.
- Maintains records for the Character Building Programs, including registrations and tracking participants’ advancement.
- Creates and plans programming for Junior Youth Councils and Rally Days.
- Participates in the planning of Youth Summer Camp programing, Youth Councils, and other programs as requested.
- Provides statistical analysis, monitoring each specific unit and program in the areas of recording memberships and attendance.
- Evaluates Character Building programs that are being conducted in the corps, and compiles results of those reviews for the DYCS.
- Attends and conducts Counsel of Awards and Divine Services.
- Schedules periodic visits to units and keeps DYCS informed as to program strengths and concerns.
- Works within Character Building Programs budget, submitting appropriate expense vouchers, etc. Participates in budget preparation as requested.
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimal education, experience, knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- Must be a uniform wearing Salvationist.
Education: 2 years of college
Certifications: Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License with clearance to drive from TSA’s insurance carrier.
Experience: 3 years experience in youth ministry
- Must be able to uphold the Christian standards and ministries of The Salvation Army in all areas of job responsibilities.
- Solid knowledge of, and experience with, the character building programs of The Salvation Army.
- Possess knowledge of the policies and procedures of youth programs.
- Experience and training in the management of special events.
- Possess a high level of self-motivation, creativity, origination, and the ability to delegate.
- Strong group leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse socio-economic groups. Respect and honor cultural and human diversity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate information and expectations; ability to speak effectively in front of groups.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Internet and e-mail.
Travel: Travel throughout the Wisconsin and Upper Michigan Division is required to make corps visits and attend special events, which often include overnight travel. Travel to Army Lake Camp in East Troy is required at times; for certain events and during the summer Camp season, this will require overnight stay at the Camp. Travel (including overnight) to various events and conferences throughout the U.S. may be required at times.
Position available IMMEDIATELY!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Director of Youth, Family and Small Group MinistriesEagle River Presbyterian Church
- Avon, Colorado
- October 20
Christian Financial Radio/TV Co-HostPrivate Profile
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- October 19
General Secretary/Executive DirectorInternational Ministerial Fellowship
- Excelsior, Minnesota
- October 14
Learning Center CoordinatorCityteam
- San Jose, California
- October 13
The Salvation Army-Wauwatosa, WI
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human need in His name without discrimination.
With the word of God as our foundation, we as a Christ-centered and praying people will glorify God by becoming a spiritually healthy community of believers who are committed to wholehearted service and ministry in The Salvation Ar More...