Parkview Baptist School, a mission of Parkview Baptist Church, is seeking a Headmaster who will serve our school with a Christ-centered vision. Incorporated in 1981, we are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) and the Southern Association of Independent Christian Schools (SAICS) as well as the Louisiana State Board of Elementary and Secondary Education. Our college-preparatory school serves over 1350 students Pre-K through 12th grades.
The mission of Parkview Baptist School, in partnership with the church and community, is to seek first the Kingdom of God while providing students with a college-preparatory, Christ-centered education that allows them to grow and mature in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man. This mission is made real through a strong college preparatory Academics program, a renowned Arts and Drama program, a state level competitive Athletics program for all students, and preparation for an Abundant Christian Life.
The Headmaster of Parkview Baptist School is responsible for managing all aspects of school administration. The Headmaster will also lead by providing clear direction, inspiration, and strong leadership for all school and administrative personnel to fulfill the mission of Parkview Baptist School.
- Masters or Ph.D. in appropriate field(s)
- Meet all Louisiana State Board of Education requirements
- Must be of Baptist Faith and willing to become a member of Parkview Baptist Church
- Minimum 5 years of successful teaching experience
- Minimum 3 years of administrative experience
- High level of professionalism
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to employ problem solving techniques
- Good organization skills
- Strong financial skills to work with CFO
- Ability to prioritize and to meet deadlines
- Possess strategic planning skills and ability to work under pressure
- Proven management and leadership skills
- Ability to be decisive in decision making with sound judgment
- Understanding and execution of long range planning
- Develop and propose an annual budget to the school board
- Nurturing of the school community, culture, and values
- Providing educational leadership (program/curriculum)
- Expand communication among all stakeholders including Parkview Baptist Church members, School Board, and Parents
- Evaluate and promote professional development of the faculty
- Enhance admissions and enrollment processes
Individuals meeting these qualifications should prayerfully consider submitting an application. The deadline for submitting applications is 5 p.m. CST on November 30, 2012. Click here to print the application form.
All applicants are required to submit an application, resume and cover letter to:
Parkview Baptist School
Attention: Chuck Fletcher – Personnel Chairman
5750 Parkview Church Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Parkview Baptist School is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Group Program Directors Needed – Work from Home!AHLI
- Headquartered in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Administrative Assistant to Dean's SuiteTrinity Law School
- Deerfield, California
- October 13
Customer ServiceBayville Chemicals.net
- Deer Park, New York
- October 11
Administrative AssistantCanyonville Christian Academy
- Canyonville, Oregon
- October 10
Assistant Office ManagerThe Mailbox Club
- Valdosta, Georgia
- October 10
Parkview Baptist School
Founded by members of Parkview Baptist Church, Parkview Baptist School was incorporated on July 13, 1981, under the provisions of Louisiana's nonprofit corporation law for the purpose of providing a Christ-centered education for students in grades kindergarten through 12. The mission of Parkview Baptist School, in partnership with the church and community, is to seek first the Kingdom of God while providing students with a college-preparatory, Christ-centered education that allows them to grow and mature in wisdom, in statur More...