The job opening for In-House Staff
that is available immediately at Caribbean Mountain Academy
(part of the ministry known as Crosswinds) located in the Dominican Republic.
Crosswinds and Caribbean Mountain Academy were established to restore hurting teens and families to wholeness through the power of Christ. This is done through a three-pronged approach:
- Family: Crosswinds works with the family as a whole, not just the parent or child in crisis
- Focus: Crosswinds helps families bring focus to where they are and where they want to be. They then help them create a plan to get there and achieve those goals.
- Faith: God isn’t just an answer; He is
the answer to the struggles families are facing.
General Statement of Responsibility:
To build relationships with struggling teens through transparency and accountability while providing direct care to them in a manner consistent with their individual treatment plans, and Crosswinds’ guidelines, practices, and policies, and do all while demonstrating
the grace of God through Jesus Christ.
- To oversee and be involved with students during any and all activities, including but not limited to, in house activities, beach excursions, rain forest hiking, community service, and social events
- Monitor correspondence with the program manager and counselor to identify issues the student is working through to progress each student individually based on their Behavioral Plan
- Serve as a mentor to each youth.
- Participate in in-service orientation and training in child care methods.
- Maintain order, intervene in crisis situations, and administer proper, fair and constructive discipline consistent with Crosswinds’ policies.
- Maintain an understanding of each resident’s treatment plan.
- Be aware of and carry out Crosswinds’ guidelines and practices as defined in Crosswinds' procedural manual.
- Model and teach the balanced life concept in all interaction with residents.
- Be a positive role model to the residents by demonstrating high moral and ethical standards.
- Be active in discipleship interaction with residents and staff.
- Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Raise support for wages and airfare in proportion to your employment offer
- Personal relationship with Christ
- References attesting to lifestyle consistent with Christian faith
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must pass all background checks
- Exceptional people skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Bachelors degree or vocational equivalent
- Prior experience serving at-risk youth
- Bi-lingual with Spanish
- Participation on mission trips
For further information, please see the following website:
To apply, please submit your resume to the following email address: