The following job opening for a Lead Teacher that is
available immediately at Caribbean Mountain Academy
(part of the ministry known as Crosswinds) located in the Dominican Republic.
Crosswinds and Caribbean Mountain Academy were established to restore hurting teens and families to wholeness through the power of Christ. This is done through a three-pronged approach:
- Family: Crosswinds works with the family as a whole, not just the parent or child in crisis
- Focus: Crosswinds helps families bring focus to where they are and where they want to be. They then help them create a plan to get there and achieve those goals.
- Faith: God isn’t just an answer; He is
the answer to the struggles families are facing.
General Statement of Responsibility:
The Lead Teacher will be responsible for working with selected youth at Caribbean Mountain Academy (CMA) to improve their skills and education.
Within these responsibilities, a Lead Teacher will represent Jesus Christ through servant leadership by utilizing and implementing biblical precepts, scripture, and prayer into daily life and teaching. This will require consistent pursuit of God through
interpersonal relationships, accountability, consistent church attendance, and daily personal devotionals.
- Teach students using CMA approved computer software
- Plan and organize instruction to achieve general and course outcomes based on student’s ability
- Provides effective instruction using a variety of strategies which bring about desired student outcomes
- Organize and manage the classroom environment to maximize learning.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills with students, supervisor, and other Crosswinds staff
- Implement a learning plan for each student
- Process a student’s transition back to his/her home school and/or graduation
- Raise support for ministry. Some negotiation is possible including partial support and partial salary.
- 2 years teaching experience
- 4-year degree
- Teaching License